Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The board is really hot tonight! >

The board is really hot tonight!

The board is really hot tonight!

Old 11-01-2011, 09:59 PM

Default The board is really hot tonight!

Maybe I never paid attention before but in checking out the new site I noticed the list of users currently online. There are 9,670 of us here right now. Hope you're all having as much fun exploring as I am. I've found several new features that I like.

1. If you hover your cursor over the title of the thread you can read a few lines without opening. Again, if this was an option on the old board I missed it.

2. We can now have albums where we can post pictures.

3. One I'm still trying to figure out. As I'm typing my reply a message pops up at the bottom right of the screen that says Auto Save. Don't know exactly what this is so maybe someone can help me out.

I'm excited about the new look and look forward to getting familiar with it. I'm sure any "bugs" will be worked out over the next little while. In the meantime, let's all be patient and do all we can to help our fellow quilters enjoy and love this just as much as the old board.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 PM

Now up to 9,999. I was going to bed but maybe I'll hang around till we get to 10,000.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:58 PM

That makes a very positive reading ..bouyed me up & I sure am feeling better after reading .
was feeling totally out of my league, new member, not comp savvy, had just got familiar with the older format,
and was getting addicted to my daily ' fix' of browsing the QB..and wham ! changes n new format to get used to.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:15 AM

Yes, there have been a lot of negative comments flying around here. I think that negativity tends to bring everybody down and we immediately start thinking about all the different (bad) things with this change instead of seeing the exciting new and good things. Personally, I enjoy a good challenge. Isn't that part of quilting? We're always figuring out how to do things whether it be reading the pattern, choosing the colors and fabrics, using new tools, maybe even a brand new fancy machine. Just think of this new site as our fancy computerized machine. That's what it is - Right? A computerized machine which we find very essential to quilting. I plan to give my brain a good workout to discover all the intricacies of the site. I hear with your brain it's use it or lose it so I'm starting a serious exercise program that should help to keep me young for years to come.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
Yes, there have been a lot of negative comments flying around here. I think that negativity tends to bring everybody down and we immediately start thinking about all the different (bad) things with this change instead of seeing the exciting new and good things. Personally, I enjoy a good challenge. Isn't that part of quilting? We're always figuring out how to do things whether it be reading the pattern, choosing the colors and fabrics, using new tools, maybe even a brand new fancy machine. Just think of this new site as our fancy computerized machine. That's what it is - Right? A computerized machine which we find very essential to quilting. I plan to give my brain a good workout to discover all the intricacies of the site. I hear with your brain it's use it or lose it so I'm starting a serious exercise program that should help to keep me young for years to come.
Lol I have no fancy computerized sewing machine. Mine is either my hands or my grandmother's treadle (and it's foot powered). Computers scare me! BUT I am trying to give the administration and me time to make adjustments. As with any change everyone is frustrated but hopefully the administration will make some changes and quickly!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 AM

It was panic-ville at the beginning, but I have gotten better at navigating the new site. I will have to check out the album section, I
hadn't noticed it. Glad to read a positive. As with most of life, changes sometimes are stressful, but the new will soon feel comfortable.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:48 AM

I like the new site, my only complaint is that the section where members can post free offers seems to require posts to be approved by a moderator. This will make the games folks would do rather awkward, especially when it is a "poster number XX" type game. I hope they remove the posts need approval thing.

Other than that, no other complaints here.

The new format reminds me a lot of phpbb and vbulletin
Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 AM

Ihaven't read all of the posts here but have you gone to "Resources" yet. I didn't know that we had all of these how to's on here. Now I have some where else to check out helpful info. Way COOL!!! I'm still trying to find my way around also at 4am, should be sleeping!!!.Oh Well..... Whats really funny to me is that it states that I'm a senior member but I didn't think that 42 was that old. lol