Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pros of the new board >

pros of the new board

pros of the new board

Old 11-02-2011, 03:04 AM

I agee too, like the new look
Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 PM

It looks good, but I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I can't find anything now!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 PM

You are soooo right. Love the look but not the site yet.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 PM
mim

the more I use the board and tweak the settings the way I want, the better I like it. I learned how to use the "first unread" line this afternoon and like it -- especially when looking at a pix and then wanting to read the new stuff.
Mim
Old 11-02-2011, 04:55 PM

Haven't figured out this new format. Don't spend as much time looking.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:55 PM

I posted this in the positive comments thread but I'll add it here as well. I really like how you can organize your bookmarks:

I just found another cool feature. Under subscriptions (where the bookmarks are) you can create your own subscription folders. I was able to create new folders to organize my bookmarks, (patterns, techniques, reference, etc.. ) When you are in your bookmarks just check the box on the right and then at the bottom there is a button that says "selected threads". If you click on it gives you the option of deleting the book mark or moving it to another subscription. The only catch is you have to have the folder already set up that you want to move to. You cant create one "on the fly"
Old 11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
mim

thank you for the suggestion -- I keep finding new things to make it easier -- I didn't know a lot of the features on the old format. The new format really gets better every hour
Mim
Originally Posted by Mom2aej View Post
I posted this in the positive comments thread but I'll add it here as well. I really like how you can organize your bookmarks:

I just found another cool feature. Under subscriptions (where the bookmarks are) you can create your own subscription folders. I was able to create new folders to organize my bookmarks, (patterns, techniques, reference, etc.. ) When you are in your bookmarks just check the box on the right and then at the bottom there is a button that says "selected threads". If you click on it gives you the option of deleting the book mark or moving it to another subscription. The only catch is you have to have the folder already set up that you want to move to. You cant create one "on the fly"
Old 11-02-2011, 06:30 PM

Change is a good thing. It keeps your mind active and alert. Now, if I can just figure things out, I'll be a happy camper. hehehe!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 PM

I like the new look and I'm having fun learning to use it. I didn't use a lot of the stuff on the old forum, but I think this is arranged better. We need to just "go with the flow" and all learn together. To all those who worked so hard to put this together, THANKS!!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Lots of neat things on the new board! I really like the Display feature for the threads. Using "hybrid" you can see and scroll thru a list of all the posts in a thread...makes it easy to go back and find a specific post if you need to. I've wanted that capability since I joined the board. I'm not getting much posting done for playing with the new toys I keep finding!!