Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Where Is....   questions >

Where Is.... questions

Where Is.... questions

Old 11-03-2011, 04:27 AM

Nevermind, I figured it out! Thanks for your help.

I did this. But when I open my subscriptions, all I see are the posts that I have previously replied to. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks,
Originally Posted by LLWinston44 View Post
What I did was on the page with all the forums, next to the forums is a little green circle that when you hover over it, it says to click it to "su scribe" to that forum. Once subscribed to the ones you want, you go up to settings (next to log off) and in there youll find your list of the subscribed forums. It's not the best solution (read I want the old board back!) but it'll make do.

Last edited by quilt1950; 11-03-2011 at 04:36 AM. Reason: I found my problem.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:35 AM

OK, I see that I can unsubscribe to forums that I previously subscribed to. I think I'm getting there. There are several features I really like, like the option to read the first unread post!
Originally Posted by quilt1950 View Post
I've looked at settings, but don't see where to unsubscribe to anything. Can you be more specific please? Thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

I still have forums in the Whats new area that should not be there.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by quilt1950 View Post
OK, I see that I can unsubscribe to forums that I previously subscribed to. I think I'm getting there. There are several features I really like, like the option to read the first unread post!
Wow this sounds good. I've looked at settings and tried to figure it out on my own like you did, but haven't been able to. I'd like to be able to filter out forums, like you I was using that feature on the old boards. Is it easy to share the steps you used? If so would you please? Pretty please with a proper golden smiley attached...

(Edited to add: woohoo the smiley still works...)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:42 AM

Default Latest posts to thread listed first...how to change that

When I open a post, the most recent message is displayed at the top. Can I get the original message at the top? I like to see the original message as soon as I open the post, especially when it's a pic.

Thanks.

Last edited by ranger; 11-03-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 AM

Go to messages. There is a box at the top of each day that tells you how many messages are there for that day. Click the box beside the number of messages and a check mark will appear by each message. If you want to save any of those messages, just un-click those. Go to the bottom of the page on the right. Click on Blue box and it will give you the option to delete, file etc.

Originally Posted by wraez View Post
Like most of you I'm having some challenges and just trying to get some help. Several of the 'stickies' take me to an invalid page.

I can't PM a member to let her know I mailed cash refund. I have 83 messages over the 500 limit. I can't figure out how to just click down the side of the messages I want to delete and delete them all. I can only figure out how to delete them one at a time, by opening the message ... taking way too long. I've already deleted at least 50 messages this way and it is time consuming.

Something about folders? maybe if I put them in a folder and delete the folder? But can't figure out how to do that either.

any suggestions?
Old 11-03-2011, 07:28 AM

Default New topics

is Whats New? taking the place of new topics? If so why am I finding postings started in July listed as new? Do I have to go to each seperate type of topic to see just the New Threads?
Old 11-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

You can go to What's New, but there isn't a feature that is the same as Unread Topics.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:38 AM

It seems that any time someone responds to a message no matter how old it is it will come up as new. Once I've read a post and not responded I am no longer interested in seeing new posts so find this very distracting and time consuming. One good thing the board could do would be to allow readers to see only posts that they have not read if they so desire. Perhaps some adaptations will be made as reader comments continue to come in. I have tried to set what I want to subscribe to and from how long ago and when I leave and come back the settings are not saved. Perhaps I'm missing a critical step here but don't know where or what it is. I'm waiting to see if adjustments are made for ease of reading and viewing posts.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:51 AM

Nothing new in What's new! Tires of wading through all the old postings to find something new! Back to sewing, tired of wasting time.