Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Where Is....   questions >

Where Is.... questions

Where Is.... questions

Old 11-03-2011, 12:25 PM

Thanks for your votes of confidence, but I don't have all the answers yet!

To subscribe to a forum, start on the "HOME" page. Next to the forum name, about in the middle of the page, is a green circle with a check mark. Hover over that, and you will get the option to subscribe to the forum. Click that. Then you should get a screen with "Notification Options". I'm not sure what those mean exactly, but I selected the daily E-Mail. It hasn't been 24 hours since I did this, so I haven't gotten an E-Mail. Then click on the "Subscribe" box. That should do it.

Now click on Settings, which is at the top of the screen, to the right of your name. On my screen, I first see subscribed threads with new posts. Under these are just the forums I have subscribed to.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to effect "What's New". I haven't figured out how to just see new topics in just the forums I want to follow. If anyone learns a way to do this, please post!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:44 PM

Another confused member. Where do we Bookmark????
Kutnso
Old 11-03-2011, 01:06 PM

Ok I am so lost that I forgot what I was going to ask.lol The other help page has 160 pages way too many for me to sit that long and read.
And it talks about a FAQ page and I can't find that.
OH Boy this is going to take some time. wow
Any way I remembered. 1. How do I change something in my profile? I see the one place that says customize but that page to me means not a thing. Its a bunch of letters and numbers.
2.And do we no longer get notifications by email when our questions are answered?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kutnso View Post
Another confused member. Where do we Bookmark????
Kutnso
Bookmarks are under settings.

Last edited by SueDor; 11-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by SueDor View Post
Bookmarks are in your profile.
Guess I'm really challenged .... I see my bookmarks in my profile but I can't figure out how to add more bookmarks. I'm going to "go there" again ... hopefully it will become clear. And where are the icons? smiles, frowns, thumbs up and down etc etc ... I saw them yesterday but not today.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM

Ah that's a big step forward, thank you so much for explaining!

Originally Posted by quilt1950 View Post
Thanks for your votes of confidence, but I don't have all the answers yet!

To subscribe to a forum, start on the "HOME" page. Next to the forum name, about in the middle of the page, is a green circle with a check mark. Hover over that, and you will get the option to subscribe to the forum. Click that. Then you should get a screen with "Notification Options". I'm not sure what those mean exactly, but I selected the daily E-Mail. It hasn't been 24 hours since I did this, so I haven't gotten an E-Mail. Then click on the "Subscribe" box. That should do it.

Now click on Settings, which is at the top of the screen, to the right of your name. On my screen, I first see subscribed threads with new posts. Under these are just the forums I have subscribed to.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to effect "What's New". I haven't figured out how to just see new topics in just the forums I want to follow. If anyone learns a way to do this, please post!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:19 PM

Default How do I Choose Which Forums I See

On the old board we could change the setting so that only those forums we were interested in appeared when we clicked on "unread topics". There are certain forums that I'm just not interested in, i.e. General Chit Chat. Now all the individual forums appear whenever I click on What's New and I have to wade through a ton more posts.

I've looked under Settings and I can't find where to choose which forum categories I want to see. Please tell me how to do this.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

As far as I know, this is not a feature available at this time...
Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Default How do I find

the topics I've posted? In the old interface, I simply clicked on "My Topics." But I can find that option on the new board. I have a feeling it's here somewhere, but I just don't know where. Thanks, Mary
Old 11-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Go to my profile (top right) and under the picture of your avatar on the left you can pull up your posts