Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ Classes - Info and Need your input >

EQ Classes - Info and Need your input

EQ Classes - Info and Need your input

Old 11-04-2011, 08:13 AM

Hi Rhonda,

I'd like to know as much as possible of course, but in particular, I'm anxious to learn how to use it make quilt labels, smaller items like table runners (like your hot pad idea, too), and how to use layers so I can use it for appliques, stencils and motifs as well as designs for my embroidery machine. Thank you so much for your time, your help and willingness to do this for us. :-)
Old 11-04-2011, 08:18 AM

I have EQ6 and would like to learn to draw and design my own blocks. The blocks you make are awesome! Thank you so much for doing this.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 AM

Wink Eq7

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to instruct us in the use of EQ7. You'll be a better instructor than the read only manual.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
On Monday November 7 I will post my first class showing you how to use your EQ or Electric Quilt software. It can be EQ5 or EQ6 or EQ7. I will cover all 3 versions as we go along.

How many classes will depend on what all everyone wants to see. I expect to show from the beginning how to open and start using your program. I will cover the tools and all the buttons and what they do in the first class. I will also show you a simple quilt block so you can practice on it using the tools.

These classes will stay on the Board and be available to anyone anytime. I will be available on Mon Nov 7 at 11 am for questions and discussion.

Every Monday I will post a new class until we have covered all the information we need to. How many that is remains to be seen.

Unfortunately with the move to the new site I will not be able to send out any notifications.

I would love to have some input from everyone on what you would like to see in these classes beyond the basics. What sort of things are you wanting to do with your program?

Are you going to design with it? Are you wanting to create quilts? Wall hangings table runners or any other type of quilt? Miniatures or Hotpads etc? Are you wanting to do Kaleidoscopes? Applique?

I am by no means an expert on the EQ. I just have used my EQ5 for about 3 yrs pretty nearly every day and I have explored alot of options. But there will be areas I am unsure of. What I don't know we will find out either in the books or by checking out some of the info in the EQ threads here on the Board or by asking someone who is more familiar with the areas I don't know enough about.

I can walk you through the basics and how I use my EQ. I can help you learn to add your own fabrics and how to use the libraries etc. I can show you how to experiment with borders and with quilt ideas. I ordered EQ7 and hope to have it soon so I can pick up on it.

Any feedback of what you would like to cover in these classes will help me to provide answers more accurately. Thanks everyone!! Rhonda
I would like to design, applique, mariners compass and quilts with multiple block size.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:57 AM

I'm looking for confidence when using EQ7...there is so many goodies, I get lost.
Ultimately I would like to design a special quilt for each of my children.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:06 AM

I'm looking SEW forward to this class Rhonda! I got EQ7 last spring and have yet to figure it out, even with the video tutorials.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:08 AM

That would be great...I struggle with the snap grid when designing a block and setting up my own librairies, and scanning my own fabric.....Thanks bunches for doing this
Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 AM

WooHoo! Can't wait for classes! My son installed either the 5 or 6 on my computer, but I never fooled with it much. Thanks sew much!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM

I'm looking forward to your posts. My husband surprised me with EQ6 quite a while ago (maybe 2 years) and I still haven't really figured out how it works. I lose patience with reading the book and trying to use it. I'd like to spend more time with the program but haven't done so. Since you'll be starting from the beginning, it should be a great way for me to finally learn how to use it. Thanks for doing this. :-)
Old 11-04-2011, 11:11 AM

I have EQ6, but I love to learn whatever I can.