Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ Classes - Info and Need your input >

EQ Classes - Info and Need your input

EQ Classes - Info and Need your input

Old 11-04-2011, 01:03 PM

I am not going to be of much help to you. I'm a self taught quilter, and a self taught EQ user - so basically, I don't know what I don't know!! So far my EQ use has been limited, and I'm not really sure what I *can* do with it, and there are probably ways to do the few things I've done smarter/faster/easier/better.

I've made a few simple blocks, changed colors, placed blocks.

The biggest project I'm working on now is to re-design a quilt. I started making the "Omigosh" pattern and I decided to check out other blocks to match with the double-nine for a different secondary pattern. I'm just not completley smitten with the Shoo Fly. So I've been auditioning other blocks. It's been time consuming because I want to audition the blocks in color, and because my quilt is scrappy (my double nines are already done) I'm making a LOT of different colored blocks. Is there an easy way to make a lot of the same block with different color variations?? That's one question I have.

Other than that ... I hope to also use it to make other patterns, calculate pieced borders, and audition quilt designs.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Great idea! Thank you. Where will I be able to find the classes?
Old 11-04-2011, 01:14 PM

Red face

I would like to know how to measure componants of blocks, for instance, what size the original pieces for a half square triangle to make it fit the rest of the block. Does that make any sense? Thanks sew much for doing this!!!
Linda
Old 11-04-2011, 01:30 PM

Great idea luckylindy.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:36 PM

thank you so much for a great idea... i am responding to attach this to my subscribed list...hope it works...
Old 11-04-2011, 01:54 PM

I will be following this thread although I don't have any version of EQ at the present time. I had a version of EQ when it was on floppy discs--may have been the very 1st version. I have been on a quilting hiatus for some time and recently gotten back into quilting. If anyone is upgrading or have a new version on their Christmas list and looking to get rid of a EQ5 or 6, I would be interested.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:58 PM

Thank you! The manual is so dry to read, and it really isn't set up like a class would be, leading you through a complete project. I'd like to see you take a block or two you've made, first show how you made it, and then show how to put it together in a quilt. That way, we could play with the blocks we've already been making to see how they will look in a final project, with borders and such to tie them all together.

I confess I've had EQ7 for months, but really haven't scratched the surface at all for how to use it, and any help you could give would be loads better than doing this on my own.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:18 PM

I have EQ6 and will check out your class thank you for your time
Old 11-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Default EQ interest

I really want to design blocks and rearrange them to look for secondary designs, interesting patterns, stuff like that.

You are a doll for doing this! So much interest!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:34 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie View Post
What a fabulous idea! I have been contemplating an EQ system for quite some time, but was hesitatant because I KNOW I would run into trouble, and have previously had a heck of a time using software manuals on other programs. For me, it would just be all the basics - to start with.
I was interested to see if I would be interested in investing in this program. I wanted to get it, but am hesitating. So I am hoping it would something I could use. Thanks for doing this. Kathy