Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 PM

I like what you said: "It is what it is, but it's not what it was..." Am still in the "learning curve" myself...

Originally Posted by PatchGirl View Post
I am of the old addage, " If it ain't broke don't fix it!" I think with so many things always changing in life, quilting is one of the farics of our life that represents the old fashioned good things that has remained. Our heiloom quilts are testament to that fact as each generation rolls along...I wish the folks on this quilting board would have realized we all came here because we liked the way the site was as compared to others. It had an easy, come in and sit awhile feel of a big quilting circle. I don't care for the new layout as it is not easy to navigate and I just plain like how the other site was. It is what it is, but it's not what it was...I don't hang out as much as I used to.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:31 PM

Didn't you have these same problems with the old system when you first joined this board? Or, was I just slow in catching on when I first joined? And, don't you think the new system gets better and/or easier each time you sign on?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 PM

sheila-I have been having the same thing happen!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
avatars are too small, some really beautiful pictures and artwork that you need a magnifiying glass to see now

way to much info on the general pages, first last middle time. I want to open the subject and see what it is. I really don't care who the last poster was, it's going to change in a second anyway. I am interested in the post first.
Color coded envelopes, open, closed, dots of different colors, arrows. Why? Looks like a government job. Overkill!

If i have to read a post about the post to see if i want to read the post...........see what i mean

that little enticing tidbit that shows up over the envelope is so small and disappears so fast it is useless to me

the beauty of this board was in its simplicity second only to the people on it!

Yes we will all get used to the new board, like getting used to dropped calls. We have to take it or leave it.
I know this is harsh, sometimes change isn't for the better. Not all change is good.

Where is my user list and bookmarks? I had a lot of saved info there and can't find it. I'm mad about this. Do they really think this is all we do all day?
amen!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
Didn't you have these same problems with the old system when you first joined this board? Or, was I just slow in catching on when I first joined? And, don't you think the new system gets better and/or easier each time you sign on?
No. Yes. No.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:04 PM

I totally agree. There should have been and still needs to be some instructions on how to use the new system. Is there any reason that some time not could be devoted to training and instructions for the members to use. Perhaps printable instructions for referral instead of random clicking with no satisfying results? When Konstatin left there were changes but not an entire disruption of all that was familiar and no way to figure it out. Is admin having the same difficulty we are, or do they have more help than us? Please give us detailed instructions on using this system.

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
well, we've been told to read 'important announcement;' 'QB help;' 'positive comments;' 'negative comments;' and now FAQ....i object to the fact that they did not do this well and waiting for all of us to stumble on the right answers to everyone's questions is exactly what has made it so difficult... if they had opened with the FAQ from their testers and basic instructions so we could locate our favorite parts, then a lot more people might be further along. they have renamed existing functions without telling us, some functions have disappeared, and maybe the new functions they put on are great, but we have to wait for someone to find it and spread the word... it is not asking too much for a little head's up when the whole site is going to change appearance (i thought the white got better, but today it appears to be back) and okay, i can get used to using the word 'subscription' incorrectly, but where is all the quilt info? it's been 4 days and someone would be back to discussing their quilts instead of site bashing... they took away a site that worked, and replaced it with one that is frustrating and they are still telling us to 'look around,' 'explore,' etc., but that isn't what we came for....they did this to us, stop blaming the users.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:42 AM

I'm pretty good at getting around on a computer...When I first joined the site really was self explanatory...everything was at the top of the page and you clicked on it. Unfortunately that no longer exists. Over a wk I've found my self frustrated with the amt of time it takes to get into the site..Due to all the graphics that have to load it takes much longer. Forget going to the topics of "Pictures" they are so large I wait forever and finally just exit out because loading them eats up to many MB's which I'm limited to each mth using an air card which charges me on usage of MB's.I belong to the DQ and International Fabric Swap..Last night I tried to post a photo of my Oct DQ I rec'd. I literally tried for 40 mins to have it kick me out abt 4 times. Going from pg to pg takes forever. What it boils down to with me...Yes I can learn to get around with several clicks instead of one but the slowness of loading and the size of photos, not to mention I think I've read several postings over and over again because I can't tell what Ive read...So other then cking in on the DQ swap and fabric swap I just can't waste anymore time on anything else, unless it's greatly improved.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:05 AM

THe moderators say its not their fault, I'm not blaming them at all, But if they didn't change the format who did? I like the old format much better, tyvm
Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 AM

I hope the people who can change these problems do so quickly. I have spent every morning with my tea going through the pictures section. Then I always looked at the merchandise for sale and even purchased a Koala cabinet last month at a great price because of a lead I got on the board! I rarely posted but this board has been a much loved part of my quilting life for a long time. The posts should be categorized like they were so that we can find things that interest us quickly. Please fix this!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by patchitpat View Post
THe moderators say its not their fault, I'm not blaming them at all, But if they didn't change the format who did? I like the old format much better, tyvm
Administration changed the board Moderators had absolutely no say, There was a test group that did have a few days to play with it but it wasn't the same as it is when it is active.