I miss Carol Duvall!

Old 11-09-2011, 05:29 AM

what is website address
Originally Posted by betty32084 View Post
her daughter,Tiffany Windsor is still crafting and has a website,
Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I too, miss Carol Duvall and wish they would do the re-runs, I watch some of the holiday shows on HGTV but they aren't the same. Martha Stewart has good ideas, but I cannot stand to watch her-not really sure why-so I look at her web site or magazine. My DD swears by her and watches her religiously to include recording all her shows.
Not many like Alex, Carol and many of the others that were the originals of HGTV. I guess they need to make a crafting channel to include all hobbies and then we all would be happy !LOL
Old 11-09-2011, 08:06 AM

Oh my, I had forgot about Carol!! I loved her shows, so many neat ideas! I also miss the Aileen's show, can't remember what is was called.. . It was an older woman and her 2 daughters. That one hasn't been on for years!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by betty32084 View Post
her daughter,Tiffany Windsor is still crafting and has a website,
I think Tiffany is the daughter of Aleene Jackson, the other crafting icon.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 AM

I'm with all of you. I really miss those good shows. The only ones left on HGTV & DIY are not nearly as good (B.Creative, Craft Lab, Uncommon Threads, Knitty Gritty). I'd settle for the reruns of Carol's show and Simply Quilts, they were SO much better than what's on now! I emailed the networks a while ago and asked about this. They never even bothered to acknowledge my letter, so I guess they don't really care.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 AM

You can still watch a few of Carol's shows online:

http://www.hgtv.com/the-carol-duvall...deo/index.html

I'm pretty sure I still have some old VHS tapes of Carol's and Alex Anderson's shows... I used to tape them during the day while I was at work!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Ava

I agree there are NO good crafting showes on t v. I even have a hard time finding good mag. that have something I would like to make.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

I miss Alex Anderson the most. Before I ever thought I would get into quilting, I watched her show every morning while I ate my breakfast, before work. Loved what I saw. Never thought about doing it. then I retired and one of my sons asked me to make him a quilt. "I don't quilt" I said. "You can learn" he said. So all that watching was very helpful when I took my first class, and the rest, as they say, is history.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:06 PM

Well, while we're at it, do you miss the good old cooking shows too? I am so tired of Cupcake wars and Chopped I could scream! Not to mention also showing people eating obscene amounts of food when so many people are hungry! I also miss the Carol Duvall Show and other craft shows that were on. Oh, well, I wonder what will be the networks' new ideas of what we want and like! So far they are batting 0!
Old 11-17-2011, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
Well, while we're at it, do you miss the good old cooking shows too? I am so tired of Cupcake wars and Chopped I could scream! Not to mention also showing people eating obscene amounts of food when so many people are hungry! I also miss the Carol Duvall Show and other craft shows that were on. Oh, well, I wonder what will be the networks' new ideas of what we want and like! So far they are batting 0!
I don't watch any of those food shows. I am too busy quilting. I don't watch TV at all during the day, TV goes off at 7 AM and doesn't come on again till at least 4 PM to watch news. Watch very few shows at night either, would rather read.