Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Where Is....   questions >

Where Is.... questions

Where Is.... questions

Old 11-09-2011, 11:38 PM

Default Old features??

Is there ANY chance of us getting the "Unread Topics" back?
Old 11-10-2011, 01:13 AM

i have had the best luck just PMing to PatriceJ for specific info...she has been really good about answering specific questions and quickly too...
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 AM

Default How can I view only the newest posts/pictures?

Is there a way that I can get to a place on the board that will ONLY show me the posts/pictures for the last day?

What I am trying to find is something that looks like the "old" daily digest. I want to go to a place that will only show me what has been posted in the last 24 hours (or so).

I find that I get very overwhelmed when I see too much and end up just logging off.

Thanks for your help!

Suzanne
Old 11-10-2011, 03:35 AM

I would like to know that also.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:38 AM

I've just been clicking on the recent topics button. There are still things on that list that I've seen before, but the envelope thingy looks different if you've already viewed it.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:44 AM

go to the home page and scroll down to the very bottom. You will see a next to "contact us" there is "archive" click on that and it will bring up all the recent topics and they change colour once you have read them so you don't click on the again. I find this the best way to keep up with all the latest topics. I hope this helps
Old 11-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT View Post
Is there a way that I can get to a place on the board that will ONLY show me the posts/pictures for the last day?

What I am trying to find is something that looks like the "old" daily digest. I want to go to a place that will only show me what has been posted in the last 24 hours (or so).

I find that I get very overwhelmed when I see too much and end up just logging off.

Thanks for your help!

Suzanne
I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 AM

Default unhappy

I know you have all done a lot of work on the QB, setting up the new board. I am unhappy that there is nowhere (at least one I can find), where I can go and look at all the threads that just started today. Not mixed in with all the others. I spend too much time trying to find them. I loved the post I would get each day for JUST TODAYS subjects. Believe me, I have looked for this.....no luck. Does anyone have an answer to this?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Power Poster

Go to Settings, Click on General Settings in the left margin. Fill out that form, Where it says Default Thread Age Cut off - I have it set on Show threads from last day. Make sure you go to the bottom and Save Changes.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:41 PM

Default Beginning of thread...

When I click on the title of a thread all I see are the replies that others have made to the thread. Where do I find the original post? I'm sure it's there but I'm not finding it! I know it will be the last place I look but don't have a lot of searching time!