Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? >

It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ?

It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ?

Old 11-12-2011, 02:55 PM

I had the day off yesterday and sewed too many hours. So today, I'm nursing very sore hands. If I'm not careful, it will be carpal tunnel going on in both hands simultaneously. I stopped at the nearest Joanne's and bought some compression gloves. Today, I'm resting with Advil and muscle rub. So much for good intentions of sewing all weekend long.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:55 PM

Nursing bronchitis. I got in some cotton dust a couple of days ago and I am highly allergic to it.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:02 PM

I woke up at 4:30 AM. Just couldn't sleep. Had coffee and read some stuff on QB. We just had the bathroom redone so I did touch up painting around the molding using an artist brush. That took awhile. Then I worked on a quilt I was commissioned to make. It's coming along. Went to the supermarket and now I am chilling out listening to Garrison Keilor on the radio waiting for the DH to come home . He went to Manhattan to work as a volunteer gardener in Central Park. NOW I could sleep.

Last edited by Arleners; 11-12-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Cancel that. It shows up wrong but I did not type we twice.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:14 PM

Gosh today was kind of busy for me, packed one suitcase ready to head to my son's in TN, from FL for the next 3 holidays so won't be back until end of Jan probably. Washed my hair. Went to a church craft show to see how my girl friend was doing, they had a lot to offer but not many buyers, not much in publicity went out, what a shame. I headed over to my own church where I was asked to take photos of a wedding so being there a hr before the wedding I got some neat shots of her in jeans having a veil on getting make up done. Photos of the wedding itself and then the reception and cake shots. By then I was worn out, home in time to feed my 3 pets and watch the news. Yeah that was my Saturday.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

Went to work at six AM. I got off early.....just a ten hour day instead of a twelve hour day so I'm having supper with the family.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:31 PM

DH and I delivered a 5 tier wedding cake and groom's cake to a small town about 15 miles away. When we got back to town, we stopped by my uncle's and raked up his leaves and cleaned up his flower beds. Stopped at local grocery store and restocked my eggs (12 dozen in the fridge now). Stopped by Subway and got a chicken marinia sandwich to split with DH for lunch. DH helped me clean up the decorating mess in the kitchen and dining room. Now we are relaxing watching football game on tv. Plan on doing some sewing again on Monday. Got to fit it inbetween cakes and church obligations (I'm part time secretary).
Old 11-12-2011, 04:20 PM

I surprised my husband with a surprise 65 birthday lunch. My 3 DS, 1 DDIL, and 3 out of 4 of DGC were here. It was good to have the family together. We had alot of laughs and good food. No sewing today.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Worked on some poinsettia table runners. Taking a break to check up on QB but some of threads are really slow in loading so I think I'll call it a night.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:27 PM

I spent the day cleaning my upside down house. I'm working in the kitchen now and making cranberry bread and some muffins to take to church brunch tomorrow. Also washed 3 loads of clothes and cut the cat's claws. It has been a busy day!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:28 PM

Working....trying to get 8 checkbooks balanced today, sold one of my machines, and tonight we had tickets to the Finals Rodeo given to us, so we'll be going to that!