Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Where Is....   questions >

Where Is.... questions

Where Is.... questions

Old 11-12-2011, 02:50 PM

YUP! Archives is a great way to make sure you don't miss a post! I used that when the new board first came out, before I found my way around and got all my settings how I like them. I highly recommend using it if you're totally lost on the new board
Old 11-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
I go the the "Archive" place - see black line on the bottom of each page and click on it. (if you've chosen the forums you like, they will show up in red.) Choose a forum, say "Main" for eg. The new posts are in green and the ones you've read are red (makes sense!)

I also have my thread display options set to "Thread Mode" so I can see a brief list of all the replies.

Good luck!
I'm one of the ones muddling along here! ... I missed the first week or more, as I was out of town working and just came back online this weekend.

About the Archives .... the listing, is it in chronological order of the start date of the thread, with the most recent being the one on top?
Old 11-12-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
YUP! Archives is a great way to make sure you don't miss a post! I used that when the new board first came out, before I found my way around and got all my settings how I like them. I highly recommend using it if you're totally lost on the new board
Yes, I think Archive should be right on the top of the page in big red letters!! Elaine, if you change your "Thread Display Option" Mode to Threaded you will easily be able to find the original post.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 PM

Default i think i found a fast way around here ????

okay here's what i found and please jump in if i'm not correct.under the blue banner that says qb daily digest is a link that says quilting message board it has categories and looks like you can read posts til you drop or til you reached the last one you read...also in the same area is a link that say's recent topic's but they are all mixed up but again you can read til you have reached the last post you read. now i have a question how do you know what you have read since the envelopes don't change color. i have not read the board daily like i used too i'm just finding it too hard to understand. if anybody has any ideas to help a blond around this site feel free to yell.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
I'm one of the ones muddling along here! ... I missed the first week or more, as I was out of town working and just came back online this weekend.

About the Archives .... the listing, is it in chronological order of the start date of the thread, with the most recent being the one on top?
Hi! Yes, the archive listing has them in chronological order starting from when the new board started. The newest one is on top #1. Like Kitsie said, after you read them, they change color, so you know which ones you've read and which ones you haven't.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:51 PM

Thanks Dotti,

I see what you mean and it worked fine. I had been Home first and the same thing happens there too.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

easy - just make a comment and it will put a little green dot in your envelope so you know you read it and commented of course if you don't comment you are back to square one.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by dotski View Post
okay here's what i found and please jump in if i'm not correct.under the blue banner that says qb daily digest is a link that says quilting message board it has categories and looks like you can read posts til you drop or til you reached the last one you read...also in the same area is a link that say's recent topic's but they are all mixed up but again you can read til you have reached the last post you read. now i have a question how do you know what you have read since the envelopes don't change color. i have not read the board daily like i used too i'm just finding it too hard to understand. if anybody has any ideas to help a blond around this site feel free to yell.
If you go to archive at the bottom of the page it will list all messages in order and the ones read will be a different color. This is how I view all my topics now, it is less of a headache than trying to navigate through the main page.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:31 PM

i just keep clicking on 'what's new'. i like that.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:37 PM

ahhh yes...why didn`t i think of that!! lol thanks....just a little comment and ur done...ha ha ahhhhh
Originally Posted by miriam View Post
easy - just make a comment and it will put a little green dot in your envelope so you know you read it and commented of course if you don't comment you are back to square one.