Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
New look of this site - just cannot get used to it. >

New look of this site - just cannot get used to it.

New look of this site - just cannot get used to it.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:05 PM

I agree with the above. Have sent note for help...no response. I miss my fancy signature.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:30 PM

I have mentioned this in another thread. To me, the biggest problem is the numerous steps to do anything. One or two clicks accomplished your task and now it takes several. The heading should have bookmarks, My Pages, etc. for ease of use. I am computer literate, but spent an hour per day for weeks just trying to learn the basics. Even made a word document for a cheat sheet. Example: why would they change My Pages to my Blog and not keep the alphabetization?
Old 11-27-2011, 07:57 PM

I agree, I can't get on "chat" anymore! Iuse my iPad as before, it won't allow me to do so now. I miss that section.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by emmy View Post
I have mentioned this in another thread. To me, the biggest problem is the numerous steps to do anything. One or two clicks accomplished your task and now it takes several. The heading should have bookmarks, My Pages, etc. for ease of use. I am computer literate, but spent an hour per day for weeks just trying to learn the basics. Even made a word document for a cheat sheet. Example: why would they change My Pages to my Blog and not keep the alphabetization?
Ohhhh, so that's where My Pages went??? The alphabetization was such a timesaver, too! I gave up trying to find
them. Not being able to add your own description on bookmarks is a real loss, too, as so many posters don't entitle their threads specifically enough to be able to pick them out quickly by their titles, so self-descriptions were very helpful when bookmarking for later reference.
I've been trying, to no avail as yet, to "watch" a couple of threads without having to post to them in order to
receive notices of new postings, but the simple "watch" option is gone; tried "subscribe", still to no avail.
New & Improved? NOT!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Yes. I feel your pain, and I sympathise with you.
I miss the old set up so much and I am not going to join the throng who are brainwashed into saying the new one is better and we are the ones at fault.

I am not going to blame myself for not being computer savvy enough. I can run some plenty complicated software at work just fine. The difference is- that is good software.

All I can say is that Christmas is coming and maybe it is a sign we have to go an clean our houses, or finish our gift making instead of wasting time on the internet!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:10 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hi Janice, if you click on Thread Tools which is top right just under the title of the Thread on this page, you will get a drop down menu. The bottom option on the menu is Subscribe to Thread, click here then you can chose how you want to be notified of posts, by email etc... Hope this helps. You have to do this for every thread you want to watch, even if you've posted there. As far as I can see, you can't make this automatic as before.

Originally Posted by grandma Janice View Post
Is there a way to be notified of new posting on a thread I really am interested in?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:31 AM

yes, I am having problems with this "new" look....Today when I first tried to come on board, the messsage was site is having problems......did a few things came back and it is now up...but I really hate having to find the new messages in category order....they are just all over the place......so I to find myself just not "visiting as often"
Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 PM

I agree. I know how to get aroound on the site, but just don't have the time and I've lost my enthusiasm for it. It used to be the first thing I checked every day. Also, can't understand why when I view "What's New?" the number of posts on the left grows after I click the (next) arrow on the right. Seems like you never get to the end.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:54 PM

Default Help PLEASE

Originally Posted by k3n View Post
Hi Janice, if you click on Thread Tools which is top right just under the title of the Thread on this page, you will get a drop down menu. The bottom option on the menu is Subscribe to Thread, click here then you can chose how you want to be notified of posts, by email etc... Hope this helps. You have to do this for every thread you want to watch, even if you've posted there. As far as I can see, you can't make this automatic as before.
There is absolutely no option to click on Thread Tools when reading any posts. When I am on the main page & click on Settings all I get is a message that this option is not supported by mobile. Hello?! But, I am not using any mobile device, just my desk top computer. If I try to change to the Default setting, which is at the bottom of the main page, it will not change anything. How can I get this fixed? I cannot access my old bookmarks & want to print them out because the frustration with this new set up is just not worth it.