Tired and sad

Old 12-17-2011, 10:38 AM

Can't even begin to think of next year's projects...just happy to have this year's signed, sealed and delivered--wha hoo!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:39 AM

AS the Gkids got older, I cut way back on the decorating. This year we are only exchanging cards because of the money crunch. There are lots of males in my family. For Thanksgiving, we grilled steaks outside and my sons had a ball racing my indoor electric chair and my new outdoor electric scooter down the driveway. When they were young, they raced motorcycles and drag cars. Yes, i raced the chairs too. It was a very fun Thanksgiving.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:50 AM

Eight more days til Christmas...nine more days to remove the Christmas tree as I will be doing.
Have a great holiday!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by reader 0129 View Post
I have a mini tree maybe 2 ft tall. Ornaments and lights stay on. In Jan I cover it with a cleaners bag and it lives in the basement. Come December all I have to do is carry it upstairs and plug it in!
Sue in OH
I do the exact same thing! It is just my husband and me , so we don't need to go to a lot of trouble
Old 12-17-2011, 01:20 PM

I put away my portable table and sewing machine to put my tree up.....it`s a 7 footer.....I would cry all day on Xmas if I didn`t put it up.....my hubby and son could do without but thy both know I love it...so thy bring it up from the basement for me, as well as my boxes of decorations.....even if we don`t celebrate Xmas here , i can`t even think of not putting it up, but that`s just me.....although i am lucky to have another sewing machine set up in the computor room....my quilts are all done except for a bit of handquilting.....as to next year....I haven`t a clue but I`m positive I will be quilting away all year...Merry Xmas everyone!!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:18 PM

i don't put up a tree and do not miss the time or trouble to do it.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
Yes, I have a list on excel of my Christmas ideas and projects for next year. Plan on starting on them right after Christmas so I can get started while I am in the season. This year I have made several of my gifts and it sure saved on spending money this time of year and time shopping. It was wonderful. It has encouraged me to try to make more items for next year.
I plan to make my daughter in-laws, purses and totes. My son a fishing quilt, my boss a fishing/cabin quilt. Embrodiery some kitchen towels. I want to stock up on the towels.Trivets,and 10 minute runners, etc. My goal is to have gifts available at a moment's notice. I might be dreaming, but that is my goal.
Deedum, do you have a pattern for a 10 minute runner?

Lucy
Old 12-17-2011, 03:50 PM

I hand piece and quilt, hate my sewing machine so my quilting is quite portable. Give it a try! It's refreshing to work on something like our ancestors did.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:07 PM

I downsized the tree last year. Donated my 7 foot one and now have a cute pre-lit 4 footer that sits on a telephone chair with the nativity scene on the side where the phone would sit. The big one was 40 yrs old, and too much work for me now. My house would feel wrong without at least a small tree. I even had a miniture one with me when I served in the Air Force for 3 years. Nativity scene was rubber, so it all packed up very nicely in a duffle bag.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:25 PM

deedum, I love your info about using excel for your list of things to do. That is now on my
"to do list".. I find so many things I want to do, but then forget them. You have given me a method and I plan to get busy with next years sewing items right after I finish getting the tax info to the account in January if possible.