Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 12-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
LindaR is in....my LQS keeps saying the book will be in anyday....I might be a little behind. LOL
LindaR ... Terrrrrrrrrrific!!!!!! Oh dear on the LQS .... maybe it'd be faster to order direct?

CookieLM ... Welcome to the PC Wagon too!!

JeanieG ... with these two Cowgirls along, me-thinks that your list will be at 25 now. Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
Toni,
When I said I only had templates and line drawings, I was referring only to the "A Beauty" block. I thought some of the ladies were saying they were going to paper piece that block and I was wondering where the pp foundations were.

My CD works the way it is supposed to. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No worries. I am just relieved to know there is nothing bizarre and inexplicable about the CD!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:12 AM

JanieW ... No worries. I am just relieved to know there is nothing bizarre and inexplicable about the CD!

QuiltE ... We have not found a solution that works with every printer, but what suggestions we came up with are in the CD intro material ("How to Get the Most From the CD"). There's a shortened set of instructions at the top of each line diagram page. supposedly, every printer has an 8"x8" printable area. I made mighty certain that every diagram is perfectly centered on the page, so if your printer is inclined to print the full image, it will work.

Here's the best suggestion I can come up with: If everything on the CD prints slightly off by the same amount, your quilt will end up a little smaller, but it will work. Print out one diagram and measure it to make sure it is a perfect square. If it is a perfect square, all of the pieces in the diagram will be accurate. Then if you use templates or foundation patterns, before you cut into any fabric, spot check that the pieces in the templates or fp pattern match up exactly with the diagram, be sure to match up pieces printed on the top and on the bottom of the pages.

We could probably write a new book just on how to make every printer behave.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=tdtdesign;4791457]QuiltE ... We have not found a solution that works with every printer, but ........
...................We could probably write a new book just on how to make every printer behave.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
LindaR is in....my LQS keeps saying the book will be in anyday....I might be a little behind. LOL
Yeah another member of our PC group. You are #24 Linda!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:40 PM

Hi Cowgirls, Boy, I will tell you when it rains it pours....First the computer and that still isn't done with... this one keeps on freezing up on me and it's brand new...It will be going back as soon as I feel better...that's right I got that nasty old flu. I am so sore I can't even straighten up when I walk...now the horrible part....I worked a few days last week and brought my book with me...had it out on the table as I was going thru it just to browse to see which easy ones to sneak in inbetween the weeks ahead.. didn't realize until I got home that my book wasn't in my tote. Someone must have walked off with it between taking care of customers. I am beside myself besides being p_____d off. I guess I'll have to rely on photos from the Yahoo site for fabric placement. It's a good thing I uploaded the cd on the old computer. I can still get to my files with the old cp I just can't go online with it until I get it professionally cleaned up.

TDTdesign, any chance you have an "in" with the author to send me a copy real quick??? Honchey
Old 12-18-2011, 01:09 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
What an absolute privilege to have tdtdesign chatting and offering her words of wisdom.
Thank you, Karen, your kind words. Those who know and love me might take issue with "words of wisdom" part. LOL

To be honest, I have put my heart, soul, and every bit of talent I could conjure for both books. Being fully responsible for the design and production of the second book, and having the ability to work with Laurie without interference from a publisher, has been a joy and a privilege. As you can imagine, it is a delight to see everyone's enthusiasm for our work.

I also have a hidden agenda of sorts. As we worked on the PC book, I kept threatening to blog a "Designer's Diary" to let people see what goes into getting book like this from the first discussion of "should we do this?", to "what made us think this would be fun?", to sending the completed files to press. Suffice it to say, with me in South Carolina and Laurie in Wisconsin, we spent untold hourson the phone through each phase of the book.

I've forgotten too many of the details to do a blog. But sharing bits and pieces of the experience here is a happy substitute. Though I marvel that anyone would have the patience to actually read my lengthy posts.

Another book? No, not cheeky to ask. You are not the only person to mention the possibility. Laurie and I have discussed it briefly. Let me put it this way, 15 minutes after a mother has completed a 20-hour labor is probably not the best time to suggest that she start all over again. I have already thought of a number of ways that I could shoulder some of the grunt work I requested from her. I'll use it as a carrot when the time comes (much later) to talk about another book.

For now, I have six weeks to pack up my household for a move back to Oregon (my home). I'll drop by here when I'm sick to death of organizing and packing...which could happen often.

Cheers,

Toni

Last edited by tdtdesign; 12-18-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:11 PM

I ordered my book, so sign me up too.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 12-18-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
I ordered my book, so sign me up too.

Blessings!
Carole
Welcome Carsey - You are #25 on our list! Wow everyone, this is so great! I am so excited to start this new journey. I already feel behind, as I have not done anything but download the CD and read the first few stories. I have not attempted to try a block yet. Holding off for the start date! Besides am swamped right now with Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Orca Bay! (But loving it )
Old 12-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Power Poster

Welcome Carsey ... glad to have you along with us!

JeanieG ... I think Carsey would be #26, see my post above re Cookie and LindaR

Honchey ... yes, talk about when it rains it pours! Computers are great, but can be so annoying. Oh dear about your book ... let's hope that it's somewhere in the shop, and it'll turn up. How upsetting, frustrating, annoying, and worse!
Now you poor dear, get yourself all better, before Santa comes!!!! (and of course, for the launch of the PC!)

TDT ... We'll help provide you with lots of entertainment when you need a break from that packing!!! And yes, please do share some of the background stories, as you wish. It'll help us with a different appreciation of the process before we see it. Happy Packing!! (better you, than me!)

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-18-2011 at 09:15 PM.