Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 12-18-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Welcome Carsey ... glad to have you along with us!

JeanieG ... I think Carsey would be #26, see my post above re Cookie and LindaR

Honchey ... yes, talk about when it rains it pours! Computers are great, but can be so annoying. Oh dear about your book ... let's hope that it's somewhere in the shop, and it'll turn up. How upsetting, frustrating, annoying, and worse!
Now you poor dear, get yourself all better, before Santa comes!!!! (and of course, for the launch of the PC!)

TDT ... We'll help provide you with lots of entertainment when you need a break from that packing!!! And yes, please do share some of the background stories, as you wish. It'll help us with a different appreciation of the process before we see it. Happy Packing!! (better you, than me!)
Yep, missed Cookie LM. So sorry Cookie! Welcome to our group. You are #26!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:17 AM

thanks for adding me going shoping today do not have the book yet would like to get some fabric what do I need or should I wait for the book thanks in advance guess I am just excited since this is my first.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cookie LM View Post
thanks for adding me going shoping today do not have the book yet would like to get some fabric what do I need or should I wait for the book thanks in advance guess I am just excited since this is my first.
Not sure what to suggest, Cookie ... do you have a stash? You could probably start with it, if you wanted. Many are using novelties with a western theme. Mine are going to be more of a rural mix, to take it beyond just western and pony! Earlier in the thread, you can see my anchor fabric which did come from my stash, and then I'll mix/match from there from my stash and yes, I have bought some to add in. Mine will be a coordinated scrappy! Also, there's a few pics of what others are using. MiraBelle has a beautiful mix of fabrics, non-western, non-novelty.

So it's really up to you and the look, colours, that you want and what your end plan will be for the quilt. Take a look at Laurie's site again for a look at her PC quilt for ideas. If you're wanting novelties, that's what to zero in on, as many of us are finding those harder to find than the typical blenders. Have fun shopping!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

KnlSmith ... Do hope that you're joining us for the FWSPC!

OKSGlad ..... Soooooooooooo does that seal the deal for you? Just go ahead and order that darned book, woman! You know, as a Christmas present .... From Me; To Me!!!! Speaking of which, I have not done "that" shopping yet. Wonder what it should be this year?

GrannyQ .... yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Glad you are joining us!

JeanieG .... Great news on the #22, soon to be #23, with OK!

Me? .... no Pony Clubbing or FWSing these days. It's been all about Christmas!! House decorated, check. Tree Trimmed, check. Turkey Dinner last night, check. Christmas exchange table topper yet to be finished .... bought a bunch of thread the other day for it. Me-thinks I now have a new problem ... I'm starting to stash thread. Pretty ones! Variegateds! Different weights! So once that Christmas gift is made then I can
get back to being serious with the FWS.
I wish I could. But i have my last customer quit on the frame and i have about 9 I need to quilt/bind of my own and I am working on a Rose of Sharon and a queen size storm at sea. Hopefully since work is slowing down, i can do more stuff for me and not everyone else. LOL But I sure love finishing other people's quilts. Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling when they see it all put together!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by knlsmith View Post
I wish I could. But i have my last customer quit on the frame and i have about 9 I need to quilt/bind of my own and I am working on a Rose of Sharon and a queen size storm at sea. Hopefully since work is slowing down, i can do more stuff for me and not everyone else. LOL But I sure love finishing other people's quilts. Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling when they see it all put together!

Remember there's no deadline ... some will do the blocks as they have time. There's no need to feel pressured to keep up! With all the work ahead of you, this just might be something that would be a "fit" with the satisfaction of completion that comes with each block, rather than feeling there's no completion til the whole quilt is done.

Just a thought ... and maybe you'll reconsider!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Power Poster

Oh ladies, that QuiltE is sure persistent! Have to admire her encouragement. In the midst of preChristmas company right now; limited time these days.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Oh ladies, that QuiltE is sure persistent! Have to admire her encouragement. In the midst of preChristmas company right now; limited time these days.

Hey You!! .... Good to see you even if it is a drive-by post. Or perhaps I should say, a trot by? I know, more likely a galloping race past with all your many To Do's to be ready those guests, AND for the big day! Have a great time! Hope the dog sled makes it thru to you soon!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:02 AM

I ordered my book on the 15th & I received it yesterday, so I'm good to go.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:39 AM

Honchey,

I just sent you a private message.

Toni
Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 PM

Finally! Something I can do along with the group. Well, sort of. I can cook along. I'm ordering The Best of the Farmer's Wife Cookbook. I'll try to find recipes that relate in some way to the blocks. I'll let you know how it goes.

I've mentioned I can no longer sew because of tremors in my hands--partly inherited and partly as a side effect of a life-sustaining medication. (I'll take the side effect, thank you very much!) The weird thing is, my hands twitch when I try to trim a thread...which leads to unsightly slashes in the fabric. But I have no trouble threading the needle on my machine. Go figure.

With the cookbook, the only hazard will be slicing food with my very sharp knives. I've become quite cautious with knives ever since one little twitch got me trip to the emergency room to get four stitches in the tip of my index finger. Talk about motivation to pay attention to what I'm doing! My daughter would like to remove all sharp objects from my environment. Sorry, kid. You're out of luck on that one.

The tremors got really bad while I was illustrating the Pony Club book. On some days, it took both hands to control the wireless mouse. Cutting back on the coffee helped a little, but who wants to cut back on coffee? I discovered that a wired mouse is less responsive than a wireless, and, sweet heaven, I got control over the mouse! All of that aside, I loved every minute working on the book. As a designer, I found it very fulfilling. Still, it could have been a different story if I hadn't also had Laurie to work with. Have I mention, she is very funny?

I've been thinking it's about time I actually join this group but cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to find it once I click Join Group on my profile page. Any suggestions?

Toni