Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help me see this from another perspective, please >

help me see this from another perspective, please

help me see this from another perspective, please

Old 01-18-2012, 05:02 AM

I think you are reading too much into it.
The organization is probably run by volunteers.
People have day jobs, families to raise and care for, then the duties at the organization.
Stuff coming in, stuff going out. Different people volunteering different days. Holidays.
Don't dwell on it. You made and donated wonderful quilts.
Quilts are donated all the time without any acknowledgement they are received.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:05 AM

I agree with Holice...
Old 01-18-2012, 05:11 AM

I too would find a different place to send your hard work. If you need my address just pm me. You wouldn't have to contact me to see if it had arrived!! I can't imagine working hard and sending 2 quilts and noone saying anything. That's sad.

Sad that quilters are always on the giving end.........never the receiving. :/
Old 01-18-2012, 05:12 AM

I make a lot of charity quilts and I put a delivery confirmation on the package so I can track when it arrives. If I am lucky enough to get a thank you from them, I consider that a wonderful gesture. Many times I get thank yous, but if I don't, I know that someone who receives the quilt will love it as much as I did making it. I don't make them for the thank you.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:13 AM

You did a wonderful thing and gave 2 quilts instead of one. And this woman should have had good manners and replied with a thank you. But, it isn't a perfect world and we all don't think alike. I say put this behind you and find another organization .
Old 01-18-2012, 05:13 AM

I donate to several organizations. I do not always get information of package arrival. I worry about that so I go ahead and use the USPS pink slip for signature confirmation and insure the item too. I find that all organizations are busy. Their method may be to wait for all the donations to come in before sitting and writing a personal response letter/note...to all their donors. Or they may collect all the names and item types to place in an organization recognition list on their web site. It does take a great effort to manage all the information correctly. If you have confidence in the organization don't give up.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
I can understand how you feel. In the future why don't you add Delivery Confirmation to your package so you know that it was delivered. Or, you can place a note in the box attached to the quilts thats asks the recipient to email you once they have received the quilts.
I think this is a great idea. You did say that the quilt was a little late so you made another one to add as compensation. Perhaps in the rush of things she DID forget. People who give their time to gather these quilts and see that they are dispensed, are probably so busy with their own personal lives and have given of themselves to do all of this. Please give her some slack. Since you know that the quilts were delivered safely and received by the people who were intended to receive them, that should be all that is necessary. IMHO you are free to donate to whomever you want, but "thanks" should not be the fact on which to focus. As I said this is my own opinion. I commend you on all of the charity gifting you do. Continue the good work.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:38 AM

Also you commented that you were upset that you took the time to get to the post office and get them there. Is that not part of what you committed to do back in October? You were slow in meeting your commitment so maybe cut them some slack that they may have been running slow in responses?

I agree!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:41 AM

Your problem for not following up with tracking earlier!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:45 AM

I suggest that you put a Return Receipt Requested so you know that they are received and when; therefore you know they are not lost. I also agree with the suggestion that you add a note to the quilt asking the person that receives your quilt, drop a line with their name so you can add it to your scrapbook of your quilts and where they are.
Charlie