Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one getting nothing done? >

Am I the only one getting nothing done?

Am I the only one getting nothing done?

Old 02-09-2012, 05:52 AM

Hi - I to am in a slump. I have found a raggedy ann and friends quilt pattern that has some embroidering that needs to be done, which I try to do in the evenings, but like you, by the time I get home and get dinner on I don't feel like working on anything. I know this will pass for us...right? Hang in there and enjoy your retirement! We are all here for you.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:08 AM

Maybe your are not ready to retire? Quilting is not your problem. The month before I retired, I really was down. I wanted to retire, I had sooooo much quilting, cooking and just enjoying my self planned and did not know why I was so down. A month after I retired, I figured it out. I would miss the people I worked with and also did work for. I decided to meet them for lunch once a month and it really helped. They wanted to know what I was working on and I brought things to share with them. Maybe you should try planning little get togethers and that will help you too.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:08 AM

i feel the same way, just can't get moving, last week a friend of mine reminded me that i will be sixty later in the year, and that reduced me to tears, times flying by, so i keep buying fabric to make me feel better,but that doesn't help, now i want to go visit my dad's grave, he did in 1995, but i haven't been back, he's buried in Mississippi, and my friend said you can't drive that far by yourself so i told her to shutp and quit telling me what i can or cannot do, that made me feel a little better, I'm hoping my trip to the paducah quilt show will perk me up. thank you for listening. Back to my spot on the couch
Old 02-09-2012, 06:33 AM

Me too... Had one quilt that was a christmas present and finally finished it last week... I have one on my board that needs to be sewn together... should have gone out last week to my sis.. but we were without power for 4 days and I decided I could organize scraps ...proping a flashlight on my thread holder and started cutting... now need to finish but just keep looking at it.. only have the weekends and find I am distracted doing other things..
Need to get back in sync
I am so happy for you ... retiring .. since it will be March, I wouldn't worry about things right now, take it day to day and finish up work.. It won't be long and you will find the motivation again on retiring.. just need a breather
Old 02-09-2012, 06:57 AM

I was in the non quilting slump from the middle of November till Monday of this week. Hang in there!! I am doing some small projects now to get back into it again.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:27 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

lol I laid down the material and started reading blogs, books for inspiration- I am still waiting for it to hit !LOL
Old 02-09-2012, 07:41 AM

It's probably because you have so much going on. If you keep looking around, you may find something you really want to work on. That happened to me. I went several years, starting one quilt project and losing interest and then starting another and losing interest. Then I came across a BOM that I really loved and now, I am almost ready to put on the binding! I also worked on a smaller quilt in the middle of this and now I have my next 5 projects ready to go. I have found that I have stopped doing my other crafts so I guess right now, I just need to quilt.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:52 AM

In a slump? No problem. Not even the quilt police say we must quilt all the time. Take some time off. Take a walk, visit a friend, make a pot of soup for a sick neighbor, take a class (not quilting related), close the door to your quilting room and walk away. Quilting should be fun. Just wait until it is again!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:00 AM

When you're working out of the home each day it's very easy to get into a slump. Wait until you retire - you'll love it! Maybe you should even check out a guild to join - that really gets you inspired.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 AM

So glad to hear I'm not the only one in a slump!!! After making numerous quilts for everyone else, I decided to make a "simple" Debbie Mumm spools wall hanging. I am SO frustrated with it I could & have screamed!!!! It was supposed to be a 1 hour quilt---HA!!! I cannot get the spool bodies to match up with the ends. I have done much more challenging projects than this, but this one threw me into a "I dont't wanna sew" slump! I know I get better soon, and in the meantime, got 3 books read!!!