Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart's failure to staff fabric/craft department >

Walmart's failure to staff fabric/craft department

Walmart's failure to staff fabric/craft department

Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM

I agree with that one. While your waiting cool your heels a little bit.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:11 PM

No way I would wait 30 minutes. Ring the bell once, ask for help once. You guys are way way nicer than I am.

Why dont you all just put the bolts in a cart, take it to the check out, put it on the belt and let them deal with it? Lock down a whole check out lane and if you have more than one bolt and more than one friend, lock down multiple lanes. And then demand a discount from the manager.

A couple times ago when I was in Joann's, I put the cashier in tears and had two managers at the front. Tied up the whole store because it was lunchtime on a Saturday. Got the CORRECT price plus a discount on the WHOLE order before they got me out of the check out lane.

I worked retail for many years and I really didnt mean to put the cashier in tears.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:30 PM

I agree with Jingle! I think they want their customers to get frustrated and walk off without purchasing anything so that they can eventually close that department. Definitely go to the Manager and tell them you would like to see someone staff that department full time.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:42 PM

LMBO, I loveee both ideas. Next time I'm taking the bolt to the cashier. I'm not sure tho, maybe I should train the manager first then do the other. LOLOL
Old 02-09-2012, 04:54 PM

My friend got tired of waiting for someone to help her in the fabric department. She cut her own fabric and took it up to the checkout. When asked where the ticket was for it, she told them she didn't have one since she cut her own fabric and didn't know how to use the thing that prints the ticket. Boy the look on that cashier's face! If Walmart wants to sell fabric, they need to staff the department. No wonder they got rid of it cause they thought no one was buying fabric. We aren't going to wait all day!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Well, there are two different Wal-Marts near me. One has a few bolts of fabric and some notions. The other has some hanging racks of two yard cuts of solid flannel and some broadcloth that you can see through. I'm done with trying to buy anything from their "fabric store."
Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM

I love it--guess who just programed the phone # into her cell? Yup that would be ME. Thanks for the idea, as I too find it very irritating to have no one to cut fabric.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:17 PM

[QUOTE=raedar63;4954199]Oh my goodness ladies, how many threads did we have about wanting fabric back in wal mart and now that we have it we still are not happy. It is not the workers fault that corporate does not let the store have enough help please don't take it out on the clerks.My dad does this and I refuse to go to the store with him anymore. These workers are already treated like crap by the management staff lets not add to the mix.

Well said. WM employees are overworked because of understaffing and also underpaid. If you are treated rudely, that is a different matter entirely, but don't berate the poor employees because they have to run over from a department that is clear across the store. That is a management (or lack of management) problem. Complain to the management or to corporate headquarters. Sometimes I think WM has gotten too big for its own good.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by scottrell View Post
I really wish there was some way to send this whole thread to Walmart's home office. This is soo sad
Maybe we should just send them an invitation to log on to quiltingboard.com and do a search for Walmart and read what is being said about WM nationwide. If they are wise businessmen (people), they will pay attention to their customers. Hell hath no fury like a quilter scorned---or something like that.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 AM

I'm not sure that taking the bolts to the register would even work. I've done that and all the cashier does is send me to the back - she claimed she would call someone to cut it for me, so I went back and waited. And waited, and waited. I finally walked out. I was going to give the cashier a word, but she had disappeared.