Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So I went out to get a yard of fabric for a binding ... >

So I went out to get a yard of fabric for a binding ...

So I went out to get a yard of fabric for a binding ...

Old 03-03-2012, 09:19 AM

It happens to all of us quilters...no quilt...just enjoy!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 PM
nms

Got u all beat.... help out my friend at her quilt shop on Saturdays. Can't walk from the front of the store to the back without drooling over something new that came in during the week. Rarely leave without something. Hubby says I work there to support my habitThen I pass a JoAnns on my way home!!!! I love Saturdays!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kimcatlou View Post
IT'S EVEN WORSE WHEN i GO TO MARY JO'S!!!!!
Hey Kimcatlou--I was just there on Thursday. Hadn't been there in awhile. Think I need to go back . . .
Old 03-03-2012, 07:44 PM

I'm with you, I need to go to "fabricaholic's Anonymous" will you be my sponsor? Guess you will have to do it by phone since you are in southern CA and I am in northern CA, lol. My family has just given up on me, they just laugh and shake their heads. I guess the one good thing I have done is that if I die before I use up my fabric ( which is a good possibility since I have a store full of fabric) I put in my will that all my quilting stuff and fabric was to go to my guild and was to only to be used for philathropy to charities. It is not to be sold or given to members in the guild for their own personal use.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:02 PM

Well, I haven't crashed yet but I am getting so close.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Aileen View Post
I'm with you, I need to go to "fabricaholic's Anonymous" will you be my sponsor? Guess you will have to do it by phone since you are in southern CA and I am in northern CA, lol. My family has just given up on me, they just laugh and shake their heads. I guess the one good thing I have done is that if I die before I use up my fabric ( which is a good possibility since I have a store full of fabric) I put in my will that all my quilting stuff and fabric was to go to my guild and was to only to be used for philathropy to charities. It is not to be sold or given to members in the guild for their own personal use.
My son's just ignore it-DH just laughs now-I am staring as I right this, at all the fabric I bought since December-I actually had to take a photo of it! I get so much enjoyment from it, and since I am not working, this is my passion-but it's getting worse! I use to be in the theatre and sing in a choir, but don't do any of that anymore, so this is my substitute. I just say I could have a worse hobby-I could spend the little money I have on shoes or jewelry or clothes, I could drink and smoke (can imagine what that would cost per month!), I could sit on my can and watch tv and pop bonbons, etc, but at least I have something to show for it! None of my family and extended family have ever complained when I made them a quilt or a purse/bag! And, I don't plan to die until I have used up EVERY SINGLE SCRAP of my stash-so they'd better be prepared to have me around for a LONG time! LOL
Old 03-04-2012, 05:27 AM

Same thing happen to me last week. I went for a yard of fabric for a binding, and ended up with a 6 inch square up ruler, a magazine, two cones of thread. First I have been in JoAnns since middle of last year. ICK I have to stay out of there.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
Its kinda like when you run out of milk.. You walk in the store to grab it but you see other things you need along the way... then to walk out without what you came for in the first place..

I cannot tell you how many times Ive done that in the fabric store- only to have to run back in to pick up what I needed in the first place..
AND THEN........................ wind up finding something else you just can't live without!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:14 AM

with the price of gas so high, it would have been a shame to waste the trip on just that half yard of binding fabric... that would be my excuse!