Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-20-2012, 02:22 AM

Such awesome packages ..Can not wait till mine comes..It is so exciting ..Diana
Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
I received my SP pkg from Annt59 as well today. Love my mug rug as well, and the fabrics are awesome, the bunnies are just too cute on the Easter fabric. Can't wait to try and make the cup organizer....I will let you all know how that goes...I am excited about the needle tip tweezer, wish I would have had it last week when I was sewin n rippin n sewin n rippin, but i will have it for next time and trust me there will be a next time.Love the dish towel, it is already on my stove handle. And I am gonna try out the tea tonite when I make ice tea.
Don't know about you onaemtnest but my Junior Mints are almost gone!!

Thanks Ann for a wonderful pkg. Really made my day
Looks like the towels I made !!!! Aren't they fun.I use mine all the time!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
I received my SP pkg from Annt59 as well today. Love my mug rug as well, and the fabrics are awesome, the bunnies are just too cute on the Easter fabric. Can't wait to try and make the cup organizer....I will let you all know how that goes...I am excited about the needle tip tweezer, wish I would have had it last week when I was sewin n rippin n sewin n rippin, but i will have it for next time and trust me there will be a next time.Love the dish towel, it is already on my stove handle. And I am gonna try out the tea tonite when I make ice tea.
Don't know about you onaemtnest but my Junior Mints are almost gone!!
Thanks Ann for a wonderful pkg. Really made my day
Hi Myrna...
It's been 'years' since I've had Junior Mints....FYI they are almost Gone, Gone, Gone!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:42 AM

Lori, good luck with your 2nd surgery!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
well i opted for the amarula option and it was delish with packets of hot chocolate and a piece of dove raspberry candy in it (received from an earlier swap). while my migraine is not so easily placated, i am off to get a coke for the migraine and head to the quilt show. my body aches have subsided, the weather is nice today so i will go do my 3 mile walk in the park later after the quilt show. it's a beautiful day. it must be an amarula cocktail hangover thats making me so energetic this morn. i'm luvving it.

my two feline boys relaxing after their meal. the life of spoiled (oops loved) kitties.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]320737[/ATTACH]
I don't know if you saw a post I made (probably in the wrong thread) however, if you really want to spoil your fur babies here is a wonderfully easy tutorial link to making the most wonderful beds for our fur babies... http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...l-t181138.html

It is super easy and I've made several. You can easily make one under an hour.

Hav your kitties are beautiful! I love the Bengal markings....
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
Looks like the towels I made !!!! Aren't they fun.I use mine all the time!!!
Made them for Oct swap then did for holidays!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 AM
Swap Hosts

Onalee, I love that bed! If only it would get my furbabes off the furniture.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I am happy that so many of the packages are getting to where they headed! I am having cataract surgery tomorrow on my other eye so may not be on the thread to much but will be checking for private messages.
Lori, I hope your surgery went well. I don't know of anyone who regrets having their cataracts taken care of. m
Old 03-20-2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i had a booth at a flea market today and i am sure glad i packed just enough stuff so that i could get in and out without much hassle. didnt sale much today but i sure did make two new friends. little did i know that one of the ladies was the sister of a guy that i worked under and succeeded as president of my professional organization. it's a small world after all.

i am a "stander" (i rarely sit down) when i go to these events because i like to greet and talk to people. it's the saleswomanship in me. once home i tried to nap because my whole body was aching and then this whole overstimulated nerve issue i am dealing with flared up which triggered my migraines so sleep has eluded me. now i am up from my restless nap with a raging right side migraine and this new right side nerve pain debating do i take meds and count this whole day over or endure for a minute to stay up and get some things done. i knew i should have stopped and gotten some amarula today to go with the packets of hot chocolate i have been receiving. what to do, what to do. i need to be walking ready tomorrow to go to the quilt show that's here. that amarula doesnt sound too bad.
Havplenty, I hope by this time you are feeling MUCH better. Have been in your shoes, and have learned to treasure pain free or pain "managed" days when they come. Hope you find some answers so you can feel better long term. M
Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
I don't know if you saw a post I made (probably in the wrong thread) however, if you really want to spoil your fur babies here is a wonderfully easy tutorial link to making the most wonderful beds for our fur babies... http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...l-t181138.html
It is super easy and I've made several. You can easily make one under an hour.

Hav your kitties are beautiful! I love the Bengal markings....
onalee thanks and those beds look wonderful. my cats never seem to like beds as i have bought them several and even tried to entice them into the beds with catnip. catnip doesn't seem to work on the bengal. samson, my tuxedo, likes his head propped up so he is always trying to find a pillow to lay against and shaka, my bengal, likes lying on my leather furniture. so i made kitty pads like the one in the chair samson is lying on. i made a bunch of them to give to the rescue groups (both of my kitties are rescues) and still have a bunch to go. i cut up two queen sized really thick mattress pads (brand new as i had melted them in the dryer) as the batting and used tshirt fabric & corduroy that i had in my stash. i may try some fleece pads next time i am near a remnant bin.

how do you keep the fiberfill in place once you wash them? fiberfill when not tacked down has a tendency to bunch up in one spot.