Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Retired--Do You Ever Get Bored? >

Retired--Do You Ever Get Bored?

Retired--Do You Ever Get Bored?

Old 04-07-2012, 07:22 PM

I have been retired for 12 yrs and have hated every day of it -There is never enough things to keep me busy and the days now seem to be 48hrs long and I seem to accomplish less than when I worked 12 hr days-it now takes me a month to complete a quilt where before 3hrs a night and in 7 days it was finished along with all the household chores.I don't sleep but 8-10 hrs a week because I haven't been active enough to get tired.And being only 56 and still hyper-active doesn't help I would love to go back to work - I was lucky to have had a profession that I loved and enjoyed and got paid good to do it. Retirement was forced on me due to health issues and no matter how much I beg the doctors they all say NO to ever working again.---so for me retirement sucks
Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 PM
elm

[QUOTE=NancyBelly;5124707]OK PEOPLE! Enough already! I'm soooooo jealous! Two more years of teaching and I'll be free![/QUOTE
I'm a retired teacher. Enjoy planning for retirement. The year before I retired I kept a countown calendar to increase my fun.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:30 AM

Enjoying life. No such word as boring. I had a very stressful job for too many years and decided to retire with my husband. We are having so much fun together. RVing, gardening, and I quilt everyday. Wonderful life. I just pray it lasts and lasts.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 AM

NEVER!!!!!!!!! Did not get "b0red" back in 1982 when I "retired" for 12 years. I can always find something to do. Am unable to do much housework anymore and some days I don't do much of anything; but I do not get bored. Sometimes read, sometimes stay on this blog too long, stay on this computer too long, but not bored!

Enjoy your retirement and let no one impose on it unless you want them to.

delma
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 AM

I enjoyed reading everyones comments. This week I decided that I will retire a little over a year from now. I am so looking forward to it. I can't imagine getting bored with all the projects I want to do. I do want to join a quilting group so that I can have the social time with other people. We live out in the country and I have the tendency to get home from work and hibernate on the weekends.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:54 AM

Never, never, never!