Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Acrylic sewing tables...are they worth it?? >

Acrylic sewing tables...are they worth it??

Acrylic sewing tables...are they worth it??

Old 08-27-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by soleegirl
i recently had one custom made for my Bernina 440. cost me $125.00 I found a plastics company and brought them the measurements, Just love it
Boy, do I feel dumb. Your pix had me really confused until I realized it hadn't been turned. LOL
Old 08-27-2010, 06:22 PM

I got one from Sears for my Kenmore which is their version of a Janome...Am not sure about the price but about $54.?..
Nice and sturdy and it works great.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:15 PM

Default NEW!!! Extension Table Kit

Do It Yourself 18 x 24 Quality Sewing Extension Table Kit
$49.00
If you are just a little handy with tools or have a husband or friend who is, you can have a quality extension table at a bargain price. We provide a finished 18 x 24 Plexiglass acrylic table top with polished rounded edges, pre-drilled oak legs ready for mounting and rubber feet. Your part is to cut the opening to fit your machine, and saw the legs to the correct height. See our website for details and instructions at http://sewingmates.com/index.php?mai...products_id=25
Old 05-31-2012, 04:40 PM

I got one as part of the purchase when I bought my two Janomes (7700 and 3160). I don't have a fitted table so I like the tables and have a hard time sewing without them. They work really well for me.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 AM

I think I purchased mine originally from Nancy's Notions. I took it on retreat and accidently snapped it in half. My dear machinist husband made me a new acriylic top and used the legs from the old one. I don't know how I would sew or quilt without it. It also makes a great place to store stuff underneath as it is always visible.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
I have one for each of both my machines. I love the tables. I don't use it as much at home since I bought a desk that my machine sinks into but still use it when I take the machine out to other places. It is a nice table for quilting. It also makes a great "light box" just place a light bulb under the acrylic and you have a lite table.
I just bought a Janome and got a table with it - this is a great trick, will have to try it! I have a small gooseneck desk lamp that I can see lying with the bulb side up for this use. Thanks for the hint!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:03 AM

It is so worth it...If you have a sewing table where your machine sits down in your table, you don't need one, but if you sew with your machine on a table, it gives you a lot of flat sewing surface. I use mine mostly when I go to sewing days with my friends, or for retreats. But sometimes I like to sew in my dining room instead of my sewing room...there is a great view, and I use my acrylic table then too.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 AM

I have a Baby Lock Serenade and one came with it. Love it, if I'm using my machine I'm using it So much easier to sew even small pieces. Mine has adjustable legs so can use it with my Brother machine. You won't regret getting it.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 AM

I have one and love it. When I bought my Viking I received a quilting package that came with the purchase.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 AM

My quilts kept catching on the edge of the table so it sits in my closet.
Bought a sewing table with the insert, that works so much better.