Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
My messy sewing room >

My messy sewing room

My messy sewing room

Old 06-06-2012, 04:59 PM

Thank you for sharing. My sewing room is messy as well (sigh) and I can't even begin to walk in there....we cleaned out the garage and took a trip to get a son from college...so some clothing from the garage made its way to my sewing room so I could cut it up and we have extra people in the house so I don't have time to tidy. I can't get nothing done!!!!I will have to take photo's so you don't feel so bad....I hope you are getting project done!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 PM

I actually like your sewing space, your'e right about putting things in clear bags or clear plastic bins, this way you could see what you have when you are trying to find things.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:35 PM

Well....it is not yet organized. But I did buy some of those backer boards - I have folded 50 and my back is hurting and to be quite honest I would rather be working on a project. But....like other members have said "a little at a time" - I guess that is what I will have to do, but I am impatient and want it done NOW. It will take me awhile because I have moved a lot out into the dining room just to free up some space to work and have just worked on getting the shelves organized and I still have all my scraps to cut and organize. Ugh!!! why do I do this to myself. Sue
Old 06-09-2012, 02:39 PM

This is what I call organized disorganization! It doesn't matter what we think--what you do with all of your treasures tells it's own story. Not everyone can create in the same environment. Looks like you do just fine!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:02 PM

Why yes!! I hope someone besides me will be brave enough to show their sewing room. I actually thought if I posted my mess that it would force me into cleaning it up. So far it has worked but it is really a slow process. These boards are making the fabric look nice, but very time consuming. We shall see how long it will last.

Originally Posted by Shawn Hoover View Post
Thank you for sharing. My sewing room is messy as well (sigh) and I can't even begin to walk in there....we cleaned out the garage and took a trip to get a son from college...so some clothing from the garage made its way to my sewing room so I could cut it up and we have extra people in the house so I don't have time to tidy. I can't get nothing done!!!!I will have to take photo's so you don't feel so bad....I hope you are getting project done!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:13 PM

I love the wire shelving idea! I moved into my 14' X 24' quilting shed several months back and I'm already having trouble finding a place for everything! My DH insisted on putting a recliner in there so he could "visit" me. I love having him come out from time to time, but that recliner sure takes up a lot of space. I need to just take some time to go through all the stuff that is sitting in the floor and find a place for it. I need to remove the diagonal legs on my cutting table (JoAnns) and put legs on the corners so I would have more storage under that on either side. I had started sorting scraps, but making quilts got in the way. I did ruler-fold all my fabric and I use the clear plastic shoe boxes to store all my fat quarters. Organizing my fabric has kept me from having to buy much fabric so far this year. I've made a number of quilts from my stash. By the way, I sat down at my cutting board to fold fabric...saves your back!

I noticed your floor is still visible and the room looks clean, so it really just needs some organization. The plastic containers in different sizes are really helpful and look much neater than shopping bags. And you can buy them a few at a time and they won't bust your budget. Your room looks bright and cheerful and I love your red wall! The other idea that struck me was putting hooks under the cutting table to hang your rulers! I may try that one, too.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

well, my theory is, you can't cook without dirtying the dishes.
My room is still in the finishing stages, it's new
But, with the old one, if it got messy, I couldn't create, so i developed the habit of cleaning a little ever few days.
Like somebody else said, I've seen far worse than yours.
You just need some refolding or comic boards and you'll be looking spiffy
Old 06-10-2012, 05:58 PM

Okay, I have folded over 200 boards of fabric and have another 100 boards left. What a project! I would have never gotten much done if I only devote 1/2 hr. a day toward my mess. So I decided to just fold and rest, fold and rest. It is getting there and already looking much neater but definitely still a work in progress. I will post pics (if they will load) once all completed. Thanks for all of the encouragement and advice - Ksue
Old 06-10-2012, 06:03 PM

Your room is not alone....mine is a mess too. I have fabrics that I want to use in a quilt I am working on but I can't find it. Time to organize AGAIN!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Banned

creative clutter,...it is just FINE...