Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hand Eczema & Dove Bar Soap??? >

Hand Eczema & Dove Bar Soap???

Hand Eczema & Dove Bar Soap???

Old 08-19-2012, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by WMD926 View Post
I have had Eczema it seems like my entire life and when it moved to the palms of my hands it became more painful. One of my doctors told me years ago to switch to Cetaphil to wash my face and it has made a huge difference for me. I am going to try this recipe for hand soap though. There is a bar soap that does not come in liquid that I have been able to find and this would work to convert it to liquid soap. Thanks for the recipe!!
You will have to let us know how it works for you. I did a quick look for making "Cetaphil" into liquid soap & didn't see anything yet. There are so many recipes for regular soap that you can use 1 bar of soap & 8-10 cups of water, but with a moisterizing soap you can not use that much water. Again let us know how it does.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:04 AM

I use generic Cetaphil to wash my face and Cetaphil bars for handwashing and shower. And super glue to seal the cracks in my hands so they dont hurt and heal faster. Fab is so bad for me. I wear doctor exam glove if I know i"m gonna be doing a lot of sewing. I put my hand cream on gloves...and so fashionable since they are periwinkle blue!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:49 PM

I have used Eucerin for yrs. now. They say the thicker the cream the better. I love it.
Karen
Old 08-19-2012, 08:45 PM

My husband has had trouble with his hands for years. The Dr. gave him a prescription, but it makes his hands greasy for too long and he gets impatient. Our realtor sends out a newsletter every quarter and one of them mentioned that there is a preservative in liquid soap to keep it from going bad and that sometimes people are allergic to that preservative. We stopped using liquid soap and it is amazing that he hasn't had any trouble with his hands for over a year now. So, if you don't want to make your own soap, you might try only using bar soap and see if that helps. He just uses Dial bar soap I think. But, he uses Lava bar soap in the garage and has no trouble with that either. Just a thought.