Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
kitchen aid classic food mixer >

kitchen aid classic food mixer

kitchen aid classic food mixer

Old 12-13-2012, 06:59 AM

I too have had my Kitchen Aid for a very long time.......I have all the attachments......I grate my own bread crumbs, have made zuchini relish and it works great for grating cheese. We also at one time made our own Italian Sausage so the meat gringer/stuffer attachment was great and not to mention the pasta maker attachments. Now, since family is dwindled, use has diminished, but I still use when occasion arises. True, it never sat on counter (two houses), had to be put into cabinet and now since this house kitchen is not user friendly,at least not for me!, its pieces are sort of scattered, but still gets pulled out and used often..........I think it is much better than cuisiart(?)...
Old 12-13-2012, 07:07 AM

I love mine, but I went up one notch and got the mixer that has a bowl witha handle. Very handy when you have a bowl full of heavy batter. The mixer is heavy, but I keep it on a quilted mat on the countertop.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

I have two Kitchen Aid mixers....My stand mixer is 39 years old and I have a hand mixer that is 9 years old...They are work horses and well worth the investment...
Old 12-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by leighway View Post
I would always recommend the tip back head and there is a wonderful bowl that was invented to remedy the problem of adding dry ingredients....it's called a Pourable, comes in three sizes. Chef's catalogue carries it. I have all the sizes and only use the large.
I couldn't live without my Kitchen Aid mixer.
Thanks for the heads-up on the pouring bowls. I found them at Chef's Catalog:
http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/...ect-bowls.aspx
and Amazon also has them individually in all of the sizes. Think I will get a couple!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:03 AM

My favorite kitchen appliance...absolutely cannot live without it. I have the Pro 600 Model which has a very powerful motor. I make everything from pasta (with the special attachments) to bread dough, cookie dough, cakes, meringue, whipped cream, etc., etc. Mine is a pretty sage green and stays on my counter all the time. Get one to match your kitchen décor. They are expensive but well worth it!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM

I LOVE mine!!! Got it for Christmas about 5 years ago. It never even stutters even when mixing thick dough.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM

I have had mine over thirty years and I love it still.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 PM

I had your basic Hamilton Beach mixer for almost 30 years. My sister had given it to me for my 1st wedding shower. My current hubby did not like the HB and surprised me with the KitchenAid for Christmas a few years ago. Love it! It is the heavier one with the bowl lift and is only basic white but it is a great machine. I've got attachments on my wish list for Christmas this year. Does the Ice Cream maker work well?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:49 PM

I never understood what the big deal was until I got one...Love it!!!!!Kitchen aide mixer is worth the money!! love it. makes cookies a breeze...
Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM

I also bought the icecream maker for my husband for christmas this year...ant tips would be great!