Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • which fabric best >
  • which fabric best

• which fabric best

Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Default which fabric best

okay long story short i am making a "big boy" quilt for my 3 1/2 year old to help me feel better after a miscarriage. you k ow busiy minds and hands. i have two fabrics pickedout. the two vertical ones. brown and emeraly green blueish. it is fab. not sure what to put with it. the light blue green at bottom was kinda first choice but not sure about it. thinking not enough contrast. so here i am asking your input. what do you guys think looks best. i am making the bceacxkersb crackers pattern that was posted here a bit ago. sorry about the weird word on a tablet and cant delete reaal well.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0950-1718856092.jpg
Views:	1210
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	400350  
    Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 PM

So sorry for your loss! I know what you mean about busy hands, I am 8 months along and my quilts keep me from worrying too much! Praying that this hobby is a comfort to you in this time.

As far as the quilt goes, I would go with either the middle blue one or the top brown. The blue is my first choice, but if you like more contrast then the brown. Hope that helps!
    Old 03-07-2013, 12:17 PM

i was thinking that middle blue it looks good next to it. been looking at it for the last hour or so.
    thanks. we are at peace about it i was only 8 weeks but knew there was something wrong. good luck with yours. those last couple weeks are the hardest to get threw. just relax and have lots of hand work to do. dont want the watter to break at the macine or a nasty contraction to make u hit the gass so to speak.
    Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 PM

Ugh, that would be awful! The only thing worse would be my water breaking in church (my husband is the pastor so there is NO WAY we would get out without making a scene...). Let me know how the quilt goes!
    Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 PM
    Power Poster

So sorry to hear about your miscariage. Heart breaking. Praying for comfort and healing for you and your family.

My vote on the fabric definitely the two on the right and the one with fern fonds on the left. The blue/green on the right is stunning.I also think a little of the brown on the left would look nice. I would toss the lighter blue as on the picture it looks too white.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 03-07-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 PM

If you squint your eyes and look at the picture, the bottom left fabric actually has more contrast than the one with the palm fronds. I would actually go with the bottom left and top left. This way the dark brown contrasts with the light brown and the blue/green contrasts with the darker blue/green.
    Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by lakekids
    If you squint your eyes and look at the picture, the bottom left fabric actually has more contrast than the one with the palm fronds. I would actually go with the bottom left and top left. This way the dark brown contrasts with the light brown and the blue/green contrasts with the darker blue/green.
    Ditto on that!
    Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by lakekids
    I agree with this I love the top and bottom
    Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 PM

Either the bottom fabric or the brown fabric (top) look the best to me. So sorry for your loss.
    Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 PM

I'm with the majority. I really like the top and bottom left with the two on the right. It will be beautiful. I am so sorry about your miscarriage. I had one between my two daughters and it was very hard. My comfort is that I will meet my baby in heaven one day. Praying for healing for your family.