Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rolling Sewing Machine Bag >

Rolling Sewing Machine Bag

Rolling Sewing Machine Bag

Old 04-04-2013, 08:12 AM

Joann's online has 40% off on the tutto, but it does not have the XL -- just L and Med.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 AM

Walmart has them too. Free shipping to the store
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 AM

I have a Tutto and love it . I have had rolling bags that I bought at JoAnn's and Hancock, they did not roll easily and did not last very long before a handle or wheel was broken. I am one that believes you get what you pay for.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 AM

I have actually been looking at the rolling coolers...they are very roomy and study...ummmm, must check ebay
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Maybe ten years ago, I got the Gotta Have It bag from allbrands.com. I use it for every class and it still looks new. It has plenty of room for a large machine and a lot of other stuff. There are two parts, one for the machine and other supplies, and a smaller one for fabric pieces or whatever else.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:48 PM

I purchased three cases from Fabricland about five yrs ago. The large one is horrible as the little wheels only go in one direction. So when I was walking to quilting it would twist and almost tip over. The other two were a cutting board and large rulers. Plus a project bag. The project bag is big enough for my small janome to fit prefect. So I know longer use the big bag. When I go to quilt I just a cart that people use for shopping. all my tools and stuff.

So the just of this ramble is if u r looking for a bag on wheels make sure the wheels turn in all directions. The same goes for luggage make sure your wheels will turn in all directions
Old 04-04-2013, 04:50 PM

I purchased three cases from Fabricland about five yrs ago. The large one is horrible as the little wheels only go in one direction. So when I was walking to quilting it would twist and almost tip over. The other two were a cutting board and large rulers. Plus a project bag. The project bag is big enough for my small janome to fit prefect. So I know longer use the big bag. When I go to quilt I use a cart that people use for shopping all my tools and stuff fit.

So the just of this ramble is if u r looking for a bag on wheels make sure the wheels turn in all directions. The same goes for luggage make sure your wheels will turn in all directions

Last edited by Quilterfay; 04-04-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Language
Old 04-04-2013, 05:57 PM

I have the Omni-Glide and love it. Would like another one but don't think they still make them. It has a great handle as well as the extending handle and four wheels.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM

I love my Tutto and for me it is well worth the investment, especially if you can get it on sale. It has belts which strap down the machine to keep it from shifting and many pockets to fill with supplies. The thing that is especially important to me is that because you do not tilt it forward to roll it, you do not carry the weight while you are pulling it. This is really helpful if you are moving it very far.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 AM

I bought mine from overstock.com. I measured my machine first , and found that many of the bags advertsied online and at Joann's were just an inch or so too small. The bag I bought has a plastic handle to pull while rolling, but also has two web handles that meet at the top of the bag for easier carrying up and down steps etc. The plastic handle is a bit flimsy but works fine. The bag also has padding inside and an added pad for extra protection. The added pad is not attached so you can slide it in between the machine and the bag wall. All in all, i am happy with it.