Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 04-29-2013, 04:37 AM

I should have posted the new thread over the weekend. I will do it tonight when I get home from work tonight.

You all have been very quiet this weekend. i know meanmom is spoiling that new grandson. where has everyone else been??
Old 04-29-2013, 05:17 AM

DD and soon to be SIL came Sat. and Sun. to help with lawn work. The 2 DGD loved running in the grass and playing in the dirt. Just over 6 weeks to go and the wedding will be here. Starting to get RSVPs back and some I thought would come are saying no. A little disappointing but it will be a great day just the same. My MIL brought some tablecloths that are just perfect for the tables! Went Sat. with DD and ordered the flowers, SIL ordered the cake last week. My group has sewing night tonight, I plan to take the table runner fabric and get the cutting done. Just a simple thing I saw on line as there will be a primrose on each with some silver beads. Watching my carbs and I can now see where I'm making mistakes with my eating. I need to be a little more careful but otherwise am happy with my progress. Have a wonderful week all!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 AM

I am still visiting my DD and 2 GS. The baby is doing better. He is having a little trouble with remembering that he is supposed to sleep at night. The 2 1/2 year old is a little bit jealous not to bad so far. My SIL mom was here Saturday and Sunday and we had some fun. My DD and her boyfriend are on their way to visit today. It is about a 4 hour drive here. They will just stay for the afternoon then go visit his mom who is about 45 minutes past here. They plan to spend the night there then they have to go home in the morning to work. They are still in college. Really enjoying my visit. Mommy and Daddy are a little bit crabby from no sleep. Aw life with newborns.
Not sure about my weigh in. Trying to behave myself.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 AM

What fun to be spoiling a new grandson! He is beautiful -
I am once again out of town ..... yikes! I am ready to be just home for a bit. Have a home out of state we are trying to sell and have an offer but had an inspector say there were some issues so had to rush back to check the house and meet with the potential new owners. I really hope it works out because I really liked the new owners and think it will be an awesome home for them! (I might be a bit prejudice since I loved the home) -
Anyhow we'll be here for a few more days and I did pretty good with my diet until last night when everything fell apart and I started the day with lemon cake.... but will get back on track! Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 04-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

I am still around, but moody. lol...I still haven't been called in an antibiotic for my kidney infection. Nurse called today, said test results they sent off came back and showed 2 things found, but didn't say what they were. I have to go back tomorrow and leave another specimen to be sent off again. I hope they ask what they are this time. Geez! In the mean time if I show on their test still infection they will give me another shot. I have never been given a shot for a kidney infection, and have already had one. I have been faithfully on my eating plan, with usually calories left over, but have some swelling in my hands and feet from the infection so I don't show anymore lost from before. It's ok though, because I know I had to have lost some more. lol... It is pretty outside today with the sun shining this afternoon, but it has been raining a lot.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:39 PM

Ladies............I can't believe the month is almost over. Remember to send me your total weight loss so I can declare a winner.

I have posted the new thread for May. Here is the link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post6035067
Old 04-30-2013, 02:48 AM

On my way over to May loss, but sent you my loss for this month. I was amazed myself that it was 6 pounds. The most I've lost at once in a long time. I watch what I eat, but I guess that's my problem - I watch as I eat. Anyway, that felt good for April.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 AM

Hopefully I can find somewhere to weigh in today or tomorrow. My DD doesn't have a scale. I doubt that it is a winning weight. I have to go home tomorrow afternoon as I have to return to work on Thursday. Only 15 more days of school for the year.
My GS keeps wanting to go to the doctor and get ANOTHER BABY! They are so cute I will miss them. Sam( the 2 1/2 year old)calls me G and he wants to go bye bye with G. He isn't feeling well today. Not sure if he is feeling sick or just too much going on around here.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:41 AM

Remember even if you sent in FQ's for all 3 months, you still need to sign up on the new thread. Just a friendly reminder.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:17 AM

Well, even though I'm up 2 lbs. for the month of April, I've still lost inches. I guess that's normal. Anyway, congratulations to whoever wins the FQ's. I still just look at the ones I won in March. They are so pretty. haha I'm in again for May. I'm going to continue on this journey because I want it to be a lifestyle, not a diet that I can stop after losing some weight. I like the way I am feeling now, more energy, and my clothes are fitting better. Even though I have joint pains a lot, I did get on my "Gazelle" exercise machine this morning for 10 minutes. I figure a little at a time is better than nothing at all. I "multi-tasked" while I was on the machine...I did my morning praying while doing it. The praying kept my mind off my aches and pains. haha I hope everyone is having a great day.