Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 05-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Swap Hosts

Lynnie,
Sending you a PM with my phone number. I could have told you in person on Tuesday, but someone who shall remain nameless forgot to tell me about lunch.
Krystyna

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
just got my new brother pe770 a few weeks back, having so much fun making lace snowflakes, icicles, reindeer and driedels. trying to get a jump on the holidays. what's your opinion on the snowflakes and reindeer as ornaments for the swap this year.
the only thing I don't like about this machine is I can't back up. if someone here knows how, please let me know. thanks
Old 05-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Swap Hosts

You're too funny! Just think how impressed you'll be once you turn it on!

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
Got my Brother Quanttro 2 in today so will be busy in next few days getting familiar with it. So much stuff. I am really impressed so far and haven't even turned the machine on yet.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:38 AM

clsurz,
CONGRATS on your new machine! Can't wait to see what your first embroider will be!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
just got my new brother pe770 a few weeks back, having so much fun making lace snowflakes, icicles, reindeer and driedels. trying to get a jump on the holidays. what's your opinion on the snowflakes and reindeer as ornaments for the swap this year.
the only thing I don't like about this machine is I can't back up. if someone here knows how, please let me know. thanks
Yes, you can go to previous spot. Right now I am at the other site of the country from where I live, so no PE770 here for me. However, I am going to try to answer by memory. Stop the machine and go to where you can see the different colors for each section. You will see where you go forward to the next section or where it shows plus and minus thread??? Now I am getting a little off. Anyways, the one that has the needle will go forward or backwards where you want to go. That is important when your thread breaks, because it does not stop always at the right moment, so you have to backtrack. Hope that is what you mean. Have fun with yours, I miss mine already. Only 2 more months, before I can use my baby again.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:45 PM

Angry <-- fighting the tears

I have had a brand new Brother PE770 sitting in my sewing room since the middle of March and am so frustrated with it. I had so much fun playing with the "canned" designs that it didn't take me long to sit down on the computer to shop for some special projects. I found two great sites and bought quite a few designs. I was careful to download them as PES. But when I went to make some changes in size or add some words, before moving it to the machine, I get this strange message about needs to know what program to use. I am not a computer geek but I keep thinking that I am missing a part or something. HELP !
Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
You're too funny! Just think how impressed you'll be once you turn it on!
Yes I finally turned it on. That baby hums away very nicely. I am extremely impressed with how the projects turn out. I've been playing with it to get familiar with the functions of the machine and love it but than again I'm a quick study so it doesn't take me long to learn things.

Are we allowed to post photos here of what we make or I should say our machines make? :-)
Old 05-13-2013, 05:48 AM

Yes I finally turned it on. That baby hums away very nicely. I am extremely impressed with how the projects turn out. I've been playing with it to get familiar with the functions of the machine and love it but than again I'm a quick study so it doesn't take me long to learn things.

Are we allowed to post photos here of what we make or I should say our machines make? :-)
I would love to see what you made. I believe I have posted on this thread the things I have made with my machine.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Banned

By all means YES post pictures we LOVE to see what is being made.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 AM

.[/QUOTE]
I started taking embroidery classes this last month to learn about the different fabrics, stabilizers, threads and needles used for various projects like doing cutwork, lace embroidery and more. I never knew there was so much to learn regarding using these materials. All I had ever seen around here were folks just hooping a piece of fabric and stitching and taking these classes I see why most of them have there pieces puckered up or worst.

Today we learned to do cutwork and lace work using various materials. I will upload photos of it later on. Will have to take pictures of it.
[/QUOTE]

I so agree that there are tons of things to learn and I guess that's why I like embroidery so much. One day, I will get a big stand alone. Floriani has a great workbook on stabilizers that goes over each one. I found alot of short cuts to help keep the cost down, which helps me enjoy it more and still produce great items.

Love, love, love cutwork. My Viking has the cutting needles and it sure makes it easier than when I first learned how to do cutwork and you had to cut the sections out by hand. Love doing lace as well. It took me a while to figure out how to do it using the spools of serger thread. I had tons of it and its so much cheaper and for lace I normaly don't care about the sheen you get from rayon. Now I love doing the lace so much more because I can afford it easier and without the frustrations that I had when I first started using the serger thread. Good luck on your new machine.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Swap Hosts

I haven't tried cutwork yet but have collected lots of patterns. One of these days. I have to stop collecting at Cute Embroidery. Toooooo many!

Has anyone taken the Floriani classes? My husband and I are going to one at the end of the month. Hope it's not a waste of time and money.