Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
quilting ideas for this quilt please... >

quilting ideas for this quilt please...

quilting ideas for this quilt please...

Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM

Everyone has such great ideas! I love the idea of piano keys in the outer border. But, I quilt on a frame with a Juki (don't have a ruler foot for it) and I don't know if I could make straight enough lines. I'll have to test that out. I also really like the suggestion of quilting with brown thread to make the bases look more like wood. And doing holly leaves is something that I think I might be able to do. I've done a simple chain of leaves in sashing on a quilt before. I like having a cluster of berries at the intersection, too. Lots to think about....snowflakes or holly leaves...hmmmm? I will be buying the batting in the next couple of days and will start quilting it soon. Also, thanks for the compliments.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=Debbie B;6048736]Everyone has such great ideas! I love the idea of piano keys in the outer border. But, I quilt on a frame with a Juki (don't have a ruler foot for it) and I don't know if I could make straight enough lines. I'll have to test that out. QUOTD]

Your quilt is adorable! I quilt straight lines by using masking tape. The 2 inch works great for piano keys. Just tape it on and sew by the edge. You can use it over and over.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:52 AM

GeeGee, You are a genius!! I would have never thought of such a simple & easy way to sew a straight line. I will definitely do piano keys in the border now. Thank you, Debbie B [QUOTE=GeeGee;6049233]
Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
Everyone has such great ideas! I love the idea of piano keys in the outer border. But, I quilt on a frame with a Juki (don't have a ruler foot for it) and I don't know if I could make straight enough lines. I'll have to test that out. QUOTD]

Your quilt is adorable! I quilt straight lines by using masking tape. The 2 inch works great for piano keys. Just tape it on and sew by the edge. You can use it over and over.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

No sure about quilting, beautiful work!!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:55 PM

Default snow globes

Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
Anne from this board sent me her template for her snowglobe block....thanks Anne, I've enjoyed making it. I decided to make it into a large lap quilt. The finished blocks are 12". I know that I want to do a stipple or a loop-de-loop in the white background & I think I will leave the globes alone to make them puff out. But, I'm at a loss as to what I should quilt in the red sashing & border. Suggestions will be appreciate. I'm a basic quilter, so don't get real technical or fancy And I'll will be quilting with white thread in the background. Should I change to red with the red fabric or will white be OK? Thanks, Debbie
How about echo quilting?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:51 PM

What about holly leaves in a chain?