Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I did not realize that I was following a dress code >

I did not realize that I was following a dress code

I did not realize that I was following a dress code

Old 06-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

I still work (middle school) I have a "collection" of black yoga type pants and a selection of blouses to rotate. Outside of work it's jeans and a shirt. Type of shoes depend on the weather. Shoes off as soon as I hit home
Old 06-09-2013, 06:49 AM

High heels are an evil design of men who hate women. They are unnatural and harm the body in many ways.
I have earned the right to be comfortable -- not sloppy -- comfortable!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:50 AM

High heels are an evil design of men who hate women. They are unnatural and harm the body in many ways.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

I don't even have any dresses or skirts left in my closets. nor high heels. I gave away all my designer heels not long after I moved to Colorado. over 20 yrs ago. My feet just rebelled and I had no where to wear them anyway. I like nice blouses and capris but do wear skinny jeans a lot too. sandles or slip on tennis shoes or clogs. I will add, I still believe in wearing hose of some kind, panty of knee high, when wearing open toe high heels! I do so hate seeing naked feet in beautiful shoes. Call me old!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
I feel the same way plus include pantyhose, girdles and bra's. I haven't found a bra yet that's comfortable to wear 24/7.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

I guess everyone has a dress code they wear around the house and one for shopping/out and about ... right? I love to wear skorts or skirts around during the summertime. I do wear shorts or beachcombers too, but skirts at a shorts length are cooler and allow for more air flow ... LOL! I garden and I get very hot out there sometimes.

The jeans they have out now are great! They stretch and don't cut you in two like the older ones did. I love Gloria Vanderbuilt, they just fit right and have great colors! I love that they brought back colored jeans and shorts.

I love that they brought back the maxi summer dresses and little shrugs too. They are modest enough to wear to weddings and to a dress up affair. They are very cool and comfortable girls and easy to wear around the house too when they are that gauze material.

Flip flops are an easy throw on and work for me around the house. Or maybe just a short sport sock or footie. I have found that a kitten shoe height is about all I can stand anymore. They are cute and look a little more dressy than flats.

My hubby still works and he sees women dressed nicely all day. I will not have him come home to a slob.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-09-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:58 AM

Yes I wear the same uniform! I agree with Elliegirl...my mom is in hospice care now and I have no idea what I will wear when she goes and I have given it a bit of thought lately! I used to be able to go to my closet and pack or dress for any occasion...no more. Oh well!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:56 AM
T.

Me too. I think "comfort" is our standard, so it becomes our dress code, that's why we look the same
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 AM

Depends on the day. I still work at 55. So during the week, it is business casual or jeans with a nice top. On the weekends, I am a slob when I go shopping. A few years back, there was a running joke at my favorite store. If I was in dress clothes, they knew I was browsing to kill time because I was meeting a friend or something at the mall. When I was in a teeshirt and sweats, the sales woman knew to get ready because I was buying.

This summer I am doing more Bermuda shorts and skirts and skorts. I saw myself in a pic in capris...dress capris but still not a good look for me.

As far as shoes, I never really wore heels but I can't comfortably any more. I will put them on for work....wedges or stacked if I have too. Otherwise, I wear sandals or clogs.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:52 AM

Nope, I don't belong. I wear dresses as soon as the weather is good enough for sleeveless, absolutely love them. DH and I notice that women wear men's T-shirts all the time and wonder why.