Juki HZL-11

Old 08-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Yep! COOOL!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM

Congrat's on your new cool machine!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
He doesnt speak it but can slowly figure out words by reading and phoenetically. Lol
Well he's doing better than me!

Thanks everyone else for your kind words. I am looking forward to a weekend of bonding with my new friend
Old 08-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Really awesome! I love the sleek design. Wish they'd make this today.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by madamepurl View Post
Really awesome! I love the sleek design. Wish they'd make this today.
If they did it'd be 90% cheap plastic, made (in China) to last one day over 12 months, and wouldn't make a good stitch. The light bulb would break the first week and the surround would break when you were replacing it: Both of which would be exempt from warranty
Old 08-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Do you have any idea how old it is? I've found the Juki America website (www.jukihome.com)and their phone contact number is area code 305 594 0059. They have a lot of manuals available for download there, however, they don't have the H ZL 11. I'm curious too, and I think it's a gorgeous machine.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:08 AM

I just found one of these as well. Super cool styling as everyone else has mentioned. I can't for the life of me figure out how to thread it and especially the bobbin! Can you advise me?

I wish mine had the lamp...the case shows a spot to put "accessories". I imagine that this is a box of feet and stuff. Did yours come with the box as well? If if did, what came in it?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone will see it.

Guy
Old 08-21-2014, 11:12 AM

I didn't notice the "2013" part of the date at first. I thought the thread was only a week or so old and that I'd managed to miss it somehow.
I'd like to see more info on the machine like approximate year(s) of manufacture. I love my old black machines but the styling is pretty cool on that one. 1970s maybe? It looks like it would be right at home in a room with a plastic egg chair, a glass-topped pedestal table and a seriously thick white fake fur rug.
Rodney
Old 08-22-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by hamiltonguy View Post
I just found one of these as well. Super cool styling as everyone else has mentioned. I can't for the life of me figure out how to thread it and especially the bobbin! Can you advise me?

I wish mine had the lamp...the case shows a spot to put "accessories". I imagine that this is a box of feet and stuff. Did yours come with the box as well? If if did, what came in it?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone will see it.

Guy
Hi Guy

I'm still here ... I LOVE this machine. My belt's slipping a little so I'm about to take it for a service. It's next on my list. It has the nicest little ZZ.

When I get home I'll grab it out and take some more detailed pics of threading and see if there are any other identifying markers. I did take it to show my LSMG and he had never seen anything like it. I never had any response to the email I sent a repairer in Japan who blogged about his. I was hoping to find a manual.

Mine didn't come with the accessories box unfortunately. I went back to the seller who was interstate and asked them where they got it from and they said they found it in an op-shop/thrift store and never used it, it was just a 'cool thing' they found. So no chance of tracing back to the original owner

Wherabouts are you located? Are you in the US or Australia?

Cheers, Amelia
Old 08-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Banned

That is almost the ultimate in cool to me. I say almost for me because wait until you see my ultimate Brother. Not like yours but still.........
Any how, did you ever figure out how old it is? I only ask because Juki still numbers their models with the same HZL--- system. My cute little pink/gray/white Juki is last years HZL27D.

Cari