Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-31-2013, 06:14 PM

I used the 5x7 designs from Embroidery Library. I made each design 4 times some I reversed if possible.

I used iron on interfacing the thin cheap kind is my best description. I purchased it packaged at Hancock Fabrics for less than $1 per package. That was the only stabilizer I used and it does add weight to the quilt. I ironed the stabilizer to the entire block.

I hooped 11" square of Kona cotton and then trimmed the squares to 9". This was my first try at embroidery blocks so I was flying by the sseat of my pants.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:45 PM

Kona cotton (pre washed) is what I used too. Except I used a full width of the fabric, marked off the squares, pt a dot at the middle of each square with a washaway marker and just kept moving the hoop forward? Saved alot of fabric and stabilizer. You did a great job! Have you washed it yet. Would be interest how the embroidery looks using the fusible interfacing. Hope to figure out how to post a picture of mine. Its not trimed or bound yet and orobably wont be gor awhile. Actually Im not going to use a traditional binding but rather a facing.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I have a bro pe770. sometimes the thread breaks and I need to backup bit. how do I do it on this machine??? this is the ony machine I 've had that I can't figure it out. thanks in advance.
After you rethread the machine you should see an "adjust" button on the screen. Press that button and you'll see 4 icons. The bottom two have a needle with the "-" or "+" sign. Tap the one with the "-" sign and just keep tapping it until you get back to the embroidery design where your thread broke (or bobbin ran out). I always tap a few more times to make sure I'm back a few more stitches than necessary. Then just start embroidering you design. Hope this helps! (The two top icons will take you back to the beginning of either a previous color change or next color change...you don't want to hit those!)
Old 09-01-2013, 04:44 AM

So, I have a Brother Disney 780D embroidery machine, and a Baby Lock Crescendo for regular sewing/quilting. Took the Crescendo in for service and saw this Unity combination machine. OMG I traded the Crescendo and took it home. I have to be out of my mind, but I'm having a BALL!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Gransews View Post
I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Deluxe and use the professional 5D embroidery system. A gentleman named Tim Frost, known as Mr. Patience writes instruction books and conducts online classes for this software. I'm currently working on quilted car trash bags. New to quilting and hope to use the EM to crate quilt squares with the floral designs for my next project. New to quilting and just finished a t shirt quilt.
This is the machine I now have too. I had the Ruby but got such a great deal I had to trade it in. I just finally purchased the Magestic Hoop, largest one made. I'm going on an Embrodery retreat next weekend. We are making the quilt A Duck Says Quack by Smith Street Designs. I 've also done her greeting cards in the past. I'm so looking forward to it. Then animals on the quilt will be done in textured fabric. mypatience does have some great things, as well as Craftsy.com. and I go thru all the tutorials on Vikings website. I don't know if you know it or not but if you go under your Start, EMB 5 and then go to main modules. These are not only copies of the little manuals you got with 5D but offer so much more and lots of tutorials to practice on. good luck with you machine, I love mine.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:30 AM

snipforfun, no I didn't buy the 4x4 I just use the 6x6.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by snipforfun View Post
did you get the 4x4? What size background squares did you use? I did a cute sock monkey quilt and used the 4x4 image in an 8x5.5 rectangle. It was the Mod Pod pattern
I am getting ready to download and notice there are redwork and vintage. Do yor or anyone know the difference. I see they are different sizes from each other.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:17 AM

Take some classes, you will find you love it after you get into it. I do a lot of tote bags with all likes of things on them. I have 3 jackets that I have done also as well as other things.

I am sure glad that I waited to get one that has the large hoops for most things you need a large hoop to do things.

I have a group of friends that are all over the country that all were from here (QB) and if I don't know how to do something, they will help me with it. They also can enlarge the designs or change them to my Font for me.

If you have any questions that I can help you with let me know (PM) me. One of my friends also has a Husqvarna, some have Brothers, Baby locks, Janomes, and they are very helpful.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:42 AM

All the machines use their own Font. When you download designs, most of the time it will ask you what you want.

Example: Babylock and Brothers takes (PES) Singer I think takes XXX, some take a couple different ones, your book will tell you what yours takes.

I have downloaded a lot from Embroidery Library and they always have great deals for may be a 1.00 or so.

Their designs are very nice I have used a lot of them. To me that is one of the best site and very affordable. You can put something in your wish list and when it goes on sale then you can get it for around a 1.00. I have many designs and they are already digitized when you get them. All you have to do is download them and put them in a storage place like a external hard drive. Sometimes they are in zip files, you would have to open them and then put them in a folder. If I decide to embroidery, I just go into my external hard drive and transfer what I need to a flash
drive (2 gig), then take it to my machine. Your machine will be able to read the design, tell you what colors they select for the design, but I choice my own colors. Sometimes the colors the machine selects are nothing like what you would select yourself, you use the colors you want. You can always PM me if you need help. I have lots of designs and thread, found good deals on all of them mostly online.

Last edited by nangars; 09-01-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:48 AM

Red Work or Blue Work is just an outline of the design. Vintage means some of that age, (old). To me Vintage is better type older style designs.