Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help with Singer Quilter Confidence Model 7469 >

Help with Singer Quilter Confidence Model 7469

Help with Singer Quilter Confidence Model 7469

Old 09-06-2013, 07:31 PM

Default Help with Singer Quilter Confidence Model 7469

I need help/advice on a machine that was recently given to me. It is a Singer Quilter Confidence Model 7469 and I have printed out the operations manual from the Singer website. The machine just will not sew. It comes on, the stitch width & length adjuster works, I have threaded & re-threaded several times, read the trouble shooter, made sure the bobbin winder is in the correct position, checked the button holer to be sure it is all the way up and anything else I can think of. The on/off button works, the foot pedal is attached and the machine looks new (cosmetically), I have checked for lint and it is also perfectly clean. Can anyone tell me if I may be overlooking something, or if I just need to take it to a repair ship. I feel it is probably something simple but just don't know that else to look for. Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Make sure that the needle is a correct type for the machine, and also that the needle is inserted correctly. If the needle is in backwards, or is not pushed all the way up to the top (a common oversight), it can cause the problem you describe. If this is not the cause of the problem, it may be that someone broke a needle or created a bad thread jam that threw the machine out of time. Re-timing is something that most people leave up to a technician, which means a trip to the repair shop.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:58 PM

This is probably way off the mark, but once I couldn't get my machine to sew, and I discovered that I had accidentally pushed the double needle button, and I had the single hole plate on my machine. The machine knew the plate was wrong for the needle!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

One other thing; make sure that the bobbin is the correct size for the machine. Someone may have inserted the wrong bobbin. Especially with plastic bobbins, different sizes can look very similar.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:04 PM

Any chance it may need a drop of oil if it has not been used for awhile.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:07 AM

Also check to make sure the bobbin winder mechanism is pushed back to sew position. Ask me how I know!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Thanks, folks. I have checked the needle to be sure it is inserted properly, checked the bobbin winder mechanism, and everything else except for the correct bobbin size. I will verify the correct size & if it still doesn't work, off to the repair shop I go. I have done everything else I could think of. You guys are so terrific and I REALLY appreciate how you are so willing to try & help each other out. Even though we have never met (to my knowledge) I feel as you are my personal friends. Many thanks. I'll post an update of the outcome.