Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff machines? >

Pfaff machines?

Pfaff machines?

Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 AM

I owned a Viking Designer 1, then and SE. Every trip to the quilt store I would literally drool on the Pfaff Creative Vision. Finally my husband said "just buy it!". So I did. I never did get it to work right. The store said it was not the machine but the operator. The Pfaff class was a joke! One day I called him up and said I want to buy a Viking Diamond and trade in the Pfaff. My Diamond has been a jewel since the day I brought her home. Never a problem! I love my Vikings. In addition to the above 3 Viking machines I also have a Viking MegaQuilter which I love.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:59 AM

I wish I had Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2. I sit for hours looking at videos or on the Pfaff website like a child looking in the window of a pet store at a puppy.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:17 PM

In 1977 we bought my 1222E. Solid machine and I love it. I still use it. It FMQs better than any of my modern machines which includes my Janome 6300 and my Viking Platinum 770. The Viking does a good job actually, but I use it more for all other sewing functions. That spares my old Pfaffs and I hope they will last forever. I also have my DMIL's Pfaff 1199 which we inherited when she passed away. Then just a few weeks ago, I fell upon a lovely Pfaff Hobby 307. Now this one is made in Taiwan under Pfaff specs, and is a wonderful solid machine. Uses Janome bobbins and I have put a verticle shank from Janome on it, and also found it uses my vertical Elna mechanicals quilting foot, and uses the purchased Distinctive large metal quilting foot.

Anyway, I love my Pfaff-Family and hope to keep them as long as I sew! I do not have a modern Pfaff, but have tried one at a quilting show and like it, but have no experience over time. As they are now owned by the company that owns Singer and Viking as well, I am hoping they can still retain some identity, but I see more and more Viking and Pfaff resemblances in the new machines. This could be fine though, as I do love my Viking as well.