Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Blue and Yellow 2.5 in strips >

Blue and Yellow 2.5 in strips

Blue and Yellow 2.5 in strips

Old 09-22-2013, 03:11 AM

That's a beautiful pattern and I love the idea of blue and yellow. I don't actually have much of either color but would suggest you try looking on etsy for fat eighth bundles. A lot of the vendors there will create custom bundles for you and that could give you a good head start. Good luck. Will love to see the finished product. The Summer Breeze that was mentioned is a beautiful fabric line.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:33 AM

Where are you in Florida? PM me and I will gladly send you some blue and yellow that I have. Don't need to
pay postage. Maybe the quilt should just be yellows and blues, no cream or white?
Old 09-22-2013, 03:52 AM

I've made several blue/yellow quilts. They turn out beautifully. I think white might work better than cream...I think it would have better contrast with the yellow specifically. I do love the idea of using as wide a selection of blue/yellow as you can gather. It will be a beautiful quilt! I have also prefer to ask if people want a quilt or something off their registry. Don't want to go to trouble/work/expense of a beautiful quilt if they won't appreciate it. If you'll PM your address, I'll check my fabrics and see what I can add.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:28 AM

PM me your address. I have lots of blues and yellows!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:35 AM

Blue and yellow is my favorite color combination. Moda has a couple of lines in blue and yellow. One is called Summer Breeze and the other is Summer Breeze II. I have made quilts out of both of them.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:35 AM

If that is the pattern it looks like it would not be to hard. We are flying my sister back here to her family home to spend her last days with all of her siblings and other family members. She has requested to do a black/ red/ white or a quilt in the orange tone family.
I hate to ask but if anyone has any strips extra in either of these to color schemes it might be something that she could sew some of the strips with my sisters and I there to help her. She is a quilter and has cancer now about everywhere . They told her last week that she has maybe 2 weeks left . So her last requests is to get back to West Plains and to have us help her leave a quilt for her 2 girls and 2 granddaughters.
We us usually try to get together every year or two to have a sisters quilting vacation. This would of been her year, she was to show everyone how to appliqué . Needless to say that won't happen it is in her brain and she can not remember a lot. And can only quilt if someone is sitting with her to tell her how to do it.
if anyone has any of the colors that would work with this pattern and you don't mind sharing . Could you help with the strips. I would help with shipping and would not mind to send you a strip of something I have.
but if you can not that is ok. If I could ask for a prayer to be said for her to pass with little to no pain. She has been in a lot. Sorry to tag along with this but I guess I just needed to say a little about my sister Sherry. She has always been a quilter that always gives her quilts away to someone else that needed it or liked it . She or we never thought this would happen to us. I am expecting a new granddaughter my first and I also pray that it does not happen at the same time. One of my sisters ask me last night what would I do if it was at the same time. My answer was I don't know and I don't want to choose. How would you handle it? Sorry.
i have some blue and yellow that I could send if you email me the address.
Connie
Old 09-22-2013, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
Moda has a set of fabrics called "Summer Breeze" that is pretty yellows and blues. I think they even came up with a Summer Breeze 2 line. It might give you the variety you need.
Should have read this before I posted.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:53 AM

cstucke_1, so sorry to hear about your sister, but what a wonderful thing to get to spend the last days with her. She may not be able to sew by the time she gets here, but she will be stitching up a storm in heaven.
I lost my sister to cancer two years ago. She was about 1400 miles from where I live. I did get to see her while she wasn't too bad, but did not get to be with her when she passed. Prayers to you and your family. As far as the grandbaby, it is a way to let you now that with each life that ends a new one begins. I am sure your sister would want to rejoice at the birtth of your granddaughter and she would probably tell you not to be sad at her passing just be glad she is in the arms of Jesus..
Old 09-22-2013, 06:06 AM

Here's the pattern... http://freespiritfabric.com/graphic-...rys/t500_1.pdf
Old 09-22-2013, 06:19 AM

Would one of Keepsake Quilting's medleys help? They have this yellow and blue collection of strips (but they are precut to 2.5 inches, and your finished size is 2.5, right?). I think I can help with some yellow and blue. Sending PM.

Alison