Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 9900 >

Janome 9900

Janome 9900

Old 09-23-2013, 03:03 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 258
Default Janome 9900

Anyone own the Janome 9900. Was looking for the EM 350e, but the dealer was trying to talk me into this Janome 9900 over the phone, and trade in my Janome 6500. Trade in my baby, that is a hard call. So am wondering if any one of you's have this machine and if it's everything you thought it was. So many options out there.
GrandmaJeanne is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 03:39 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
seamstome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,322
Default

No accufeed I denied it
seamstome is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 03:41 PM
  #3  
Super Member
 
seamstome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,322
Default

Stupid autocorrect I meant demo
seamstome is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 03:52 PM
  #4  
Power Poster
 
Annaquilts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 11,349
Default

I have the 6500 and have no desire to change. I wouldn't get rid of it till I was sure I liked the other machine better.
Annaquilts is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 05:35 PM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,657
Default

I have the 8900 and the 12000 and love them. I recently went to a sewing class and sat next to a lady who had a 9900 so I asked her how she liked it. She wasn't as pleased as she thought she would be. Missing acufeed and something else. She also has the 12000 and likes it much better because of the larger throat and bigger embroidery hoops. Now that the 15000 is out, my dealer says that he has lots of 12000's in stock from trade ins
Misty's Mom is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 06:40 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 258
Default

Yes, Annaquilts, I too have thought about this all day, and I like you, am very happy with the 6500 from day one. It's a keeper, and don't think I would be happy with another machine just yet. Was looking for an embordiery, but will keep looking.
GrandmaJeanne is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 06:51 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Central,CALIF.
Posts: 284
Default

Originally Posted by GrandmaJeanne View Post
Yes, Annaquilts, I too have thought about this all day, and I like you, am very happy with the 6500 from day one. It's a keeper, and don't think I would be happy with another machine just yet. Was looking for an embordiery, but will keep looking.
I'd keep said machine and look for a Janome 300e..I have one and love it.. the only difference in 300e and 350e is the USB cable..(Perhaps someone knows better than that) With the 350e, you have to have your PC handy to Emb. machine to plug in & retrieve your Emb. design.. I transfer on a flashcard, and just stick the card into Emb machine to load.. Machines can be in different rooms.. I do have the Embird program for that... JMHO..
NUBQ is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
crashnquilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lebanon, Missouri
Posts: 602
Default

I have a Janome 6600p and Janome 300E. I prefer the two separate machines so that I can sew on one and embroider at the same time with the other. There are a lot of different features between the 300E and 350E. The 300E uses the compact flash media with a PCMCIA adapter. You should still be able to find these at Staples, and Ebay is an excellent source as well. Also, the 300E allows design rotation 45 degrees at a time. The 350E you can move 10 degrees at a time. Also, I think the 350E has thread clipper, but I am not sure on that point. Good luck on your quest.
crashnquilt is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 PM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jozefow, Poland
Posts: 4,474
Default

Originally Posted by crashnquilt View Post
I have a Janome 6600p and Janome 300E. I prefer the two separate machines so that I can sew on one and embroider at the same time with the other. There are a lot of different features between the 300E and 350E. The 300E uses the compact flash media with a PCMCIA adapter. You should still be able to find these at Staples, and Ebay is an excellent source as well. Also, the 300E allows design rotation 45 degrees at a time. The 350E you can move 10 degrees at a time. Also, I think the 350E has thread clipper, but I am not sure on that point. Good luck on your quest.
I have a Janome 350E embroidery machine. It has the automatic thread cutter and I use a flash drive to put designs on the machine.
justflyingin is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 06:05 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 1,909
Default

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I have a Janome 350E embroidery machine. It has the automatic thread cutter and I use a flash drive to put designs on the machine.

I just bought the 350E....and haven't been able to figure out how to transfer designs from my computer to the flash drive.....very disconcerting...and I consider myself to be computer literate; I have three laptops, a desktop and an iPad...I went to my dealer yesterday and spent an hour with him and he transferred some designs to the flash drive I was using and it went fine.Of course, then I came home and nothing works for me again! Guess I need computer/Janome remedial teaching, huh! So, in addition to telling you that the computer part of the 350E is difficult (for me) to learn, I guess I'm also asking for the best way to proceed. Can someone just give a me a simple 1,2,3 formula? This is for the extra Monogram Wizard Plus software I laid out extra big bucks for...The regular embroidery (built in ones) I can handle. It's just the MW+ software that is the problem...
momto5 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Writergrrl
Main
11
10-05-2015 04:59 AM
PeggyFinney
Main
3
02-12-2014 05:47 PM
nana2madmax
Main
3
11-26-2013 05:34 PM
Boonedox
Main
18
11-05-2013 04:35 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter