Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Surreal... And a little creepy >

Surreal... And a little creepy

Surreal... And a little creepy

Old 10-13-2013, 05:43 AM

LOL, I was saerching for a "man" quilt to make for my FIL and one of mine I made for a cousin popped up. I was surprised to say the least. It was a turquoise and chocolate, 9 patch and snowball. I do take it as a compliment!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:57 AM

One of mine appeared on Pinterest and I was chuffed that a couple of people had pinned it. It had been on QB.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:17 AM

I don't Pinterest, if i see something i like or might want to make something similiar I right click and save to my pics. Currently i have a flash drive with about 8500 plus pics for inspiration. I just love to scroll through them, many i like but probably wouldn't make but love to look at.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by ppquilter View Post
I don't Pinterest, if i see something i like or might want to make something similiar I right click and save to my pics. Currently i have a flash drive with about 8500 plus pics for inspiration. I just love to scroll through them, many i like but probably wouldn't make but love to look at.
I have an an Pinterest account but find it rather cumbersome. I do what ppquilter does. I save the quilt ideas to my iPad.

So seeing your quilt pinned is a good thing. Shows it was an inspiration.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:46 AM

I started "Pinning" this summer and I love it! There is a ton of information out there and "Pinterest" makes it available to us.
You can find information on any subject you can imagine, plus add your own interests.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 AM

I spend more time on Pinterest than I do here, which is saying a lot! It's a great way to save quilt pictures and inspirations for quilts. There are thousands of ideas out there - and I'm glad that I used categories, eg 9patch, scrappy, HSTs, from the beginning. Otherwise it would be hard to find the one quilt pic I remember and want to see again. There IS a search engine on the site, and it's very good. You can use it to search your own boards or the entire site. I'm flattered when I come across one of my own quilts or when other quilters repin one of my pics or start following one of my boards.

We bought a new house in AZ just before we returned to CT, and I have a bigger sewing room to organize when we return next week. I've been collecting ideas on Pinterest since April. So much better than having a file with a bunch of loose paper pictures. I'll be making a trip to IKEA soon after we arrive in AZ! It's amazing how many of the sewing rooms on Pinterest have used IKEA pieces. Having pictures to show DH and our handyman is so much better than scribbling my ideas on paper!

Recently, I've decided to make runners, and I've built up a large collection of runner pictures. Pinterest is a great 'tool' for quilters to use - but , like this board, I spend far too much time there!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:59 AM

My DD set me up on Pinterest and pinned some quilts on it to show me how to use it. I have never gone back to it. I like to print out or cut out pictures and file what I may make someday.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:05 AM

What scares me is that with these digital cameras and apps people can find out exactly where a picture was taken and I'm talking GPS accuracy. I warned my niece not to post pictures of her son on Facebook. It may take a special camera such as a phone camera that has GPS capability but I'm convinced that my privacy is more important that posting pictures. Too many nuts out there.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:10 AM

The good part of pinning to Pinterest instead of bookmarks is that if your computer dies you don't loose your info. I love pinterest.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:54 PM

I love the photos, and love the inspiration. What I dislike about Pinterest is not being able to find the source of the pattern if I would like to download or buy it.

I think it's a compliment that someone loves your work and shares it!