Snow/Slett and Ice Storm

Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 PM

[QUOTE=grammasharon;6421412]
Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Sounds delish, Barny! I LOVE hot chocolate pudding.

Here we're going to get what i call "bitterly" cold for the next few evenings, but if there's precip on Tuesday, it'll be flurries before 10am, then just slightly warmer rain. Got to be OUTTA HERE by Wednesday/Thursday, though, or I won't feel like getting out in it to go to arthritis swim or to Thanksgiving dinner with Mom and my aunt! Sure will hate for they to miss my veggies and dessert, LOL!

Jan in VA[/QUOTE
I love hot chocolate pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Yep I'm with you ice cream with warm chocolate pudding woohoo!
Old 11-24-2013, 06:51 PM

Supposed to snow tonight here in Austin, TX. It has snowed twice in the past 8 years that I've lived here, just an inch or two. But this area is so un-used to snow that the city almost shuts down.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by RuthiesRetreat3 View Post
Supposed to snow tonight here in Austin, TX. It has snowed twice in the past 8 years that I've lived here, just an inch or two. But this area is so un-used to snow that the city almost shuts down.
I too am in Austin, and the AccuWeather on my phone says Lo33 with a little rain. I had not heard there would be snow, but if you are up in the Leander, Cedar Park area it would be more of a possibility. But, Monday night is different! AccuWeather says Lo35 with periods of snow and rain. That is an update from when I looked an hour ago!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

We are suppose to get 3 to 4 inches of rain between Tuesday and Wednesday. It is cold here, high of 48 today, about 20 degrees below normal...Looks like a cold winter this year. It snowed 6 inches three years ago. We lost our power for 3 days. Hope this is not another year like that...
Old 11-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

I'm in AR too, outside of LR. Just rainy and cold so far. I've dove to Walmart grocery before daylight (I keep my grandson during the day so like to get my shopping done before he gets here) and no problem on the roads then.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

It has been in the teens at night and low twenties during the day. I want it cool for Thanksgiving, we use covered or inside of trucks to keep pies and cheesecakes cold. Too many for the refrigerator and/or coolers. Not freezing, just below 40. No ice or snow predicted here.

I love chocolate pie - only with meringue piled high. I haven't made any for a while. I buy graham cracker crusts and cuts down on the time. I make two at a time.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:28 AM

I live in the central part of Arkansas, all we have had so far is rain with a touch of sleet. Doesn't look like we will get much icy stuff here. Tomorrow may be a different story. If it drops down tonight like they are expecting, any water left on the roads will be slick in the morning.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Is this winter weather going to affect any of you all? In Arkansas we may get a little sleet Sunday night into Monday morning. It sounds like a good time to stay in and quilt. I have to go to work Monday. If it is too slick I will be staying home.
Stayed above or right at the freezing line so only got rain here in the Benton area.

Last edited by grandme26; 11-25-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:30 AM

I feel almost guilty and I feel for all the members with frigid temps. Right now in the San Francisco Bay it's 68 degrees and 72 in the sun.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:59 AM

WE are north of Dallas about 60 miles and expected sleet and snow but seem to have dodged that bullet. We've had cold rain and it is still cold, but no ice to speak of yet. I wish all of you a safe and warmer Thanksgiving. froggyintexas