Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 11-26-2013, 04:29 PM

I made my Tassies (1st recipe) & they are SCRUMTIOUS! Now i'll have to make another batch with the 2nd recipe. Thank you so much for sharing.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Judylee2 View Post
My SSperson has not posted that she has received her package yet!Wahhhhhhhh! So to cheer myself up, I went shopping and bought the softest, snuggliest, cutest pair of pajamas ever to wear on opening day! I figure that on opening day that I will have dark hot chocolate laced with Peppermint Schnapps and wear my comfy PJ while I wait for everyone to join in. I am always an early bird. LOL!
Can I have some Hot Chocolate with Schnapps I love Schnapps warms the tummy!! DH should be out of the house on a Christmas sing at our local senior center when we open. I would tell you I received your package, but mine didn't come from Florida!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:47 AM

If my SS doesn't see me online at the chat on the 8th, it's because it's the same date as a Christmas concert for which I have tickets. Upon arriving home, I do intend to go on the chat and read all about the party. I will be in touch with you, dear SS…….after my private opening.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
still nothing for me either- you are not alone-- I didn't want my recipient to have any worries-so made sure I had mine out on the 12th...and she has received it- I go to the post office every day thinking...maybe today? maybe before the 'opening day' ? maybe there's a reason I had stopped participating in swaps/exchanges/projects on this board a couple years ago...here I am again- 2 separate programs- both not going so well. my fall/winter of frustration.
Mine hasn't arrived either, but I had an email from Terri to say it would be late. I can empathise with your feelings as December swaps are not too lucky for me either, lol. Last December I didn't get either of two parcels I was expecting, although after a lot of pressure from the hostess one turned up in February (wasn't worth the wait, I can tell you!).

However, I know that mine has arrived safely, as the recipient posted on the thread and in in spirit of Christmas, disappointing as it is, try and take a philosophical stance. I think it's good to remember the adage, 'It's better to give than receive'. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors or what trials our swap partners may be enduring.

Hopefully we'll all get our parcels, on time, with all the things we'd choose for ourselves. If, not, take comfort from the thought of the pleasure your partner will get when she opens hers.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:53 AM

Good Morning Santas! Whew! Busy day yesterday! Got the house all spruced up for Thanksgiving & got some of the early stuff out of the way. Baked 4 dozen Chocolate chip cookies & the pumpkin pie. Got the eggs hard boiled too. DH would have been home yesterday, but his rig broke down in Monroe, LA. Blew a fuel sensor & had to be towed to a dealer there for repair. They say it'll be 10 days before it's ready. Company bought him a bus ticket home, so he's on the Greyhound as I type getting back here for the holiday. He should be here at home around noon today. Then when the truck is done he'll have to take the bus back to get it. Great! I get to have him around for a week! I wonder what that'll do for Christmas time off though with all this down time. I hope he can come home for Christmas. That's the only holiday we've ever cared about being home for. When I was driving too we planned to be in Florida for Thanksgiving & we'd go to Disneyworld for the day & let Mickey & Minnie do the cooking & clean up. We always had a lot of fun that day! Parks weren't too crowded either.

Hint of the day: When I was driving my big rig, I've driven within 2 miles of your house!
Old 11-27-2013, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
As promised, here is my recipe for Pecan Tassies. It's from my 1966 copy of Better Homes and Gardens "Cookies and Candies".
Well, I knew I'd forget something when I posted my recipe! If you're going to make these, please add a note to the "Tips" section:

After forming the pastry in the mini muffin tins, put the tins in the refrigerator while you make the filling. (When I double the recipe, after dividing the filling evenly between all four muffin tins, I put two tins into the oven to bake and the remaining two back into the refrigerator until they can go into the oven.)
Old 11-27-2013, 04:59 AM

Oh course, I will share my Shnapps! We will be warm and cozy and ready for opening day, inside and out!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:05 AM

My clue for the day: My ss person hasn't posted since the 13th of November! She must be a hard worker! I know I am, have been working on thermal casserole carriers and large artsy ,fartsy, hot pads,since 3am! Furbaby just had to go and would not let me sleep,LOL!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Mine hasn't arrived either, but I had an email from Terri to say it would be late.
Knitette, I'm so sorry to hear this! You've had such fun putting your package together for your Santee, and we've had such fun playing along and trying to guess what's going into the box -- well, it just isn't fair is all.

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that you'll love everything in your package once it does arrive... and even holding out hope for a Christmas miracle that it somehow reaches you by Opening Day.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:38 AM

Today I am busy getting ready for tomorrow. I made two of my chocolate pies yesterday and about to put two pumpkin pies in the oven. My dining room table is set just need to get the crystal on the table and in place. My sweet husband is out in the rain changing a flat tire on the vehicle. Luckily in my part of NY we only are getting rain and it's not freezing. Hopefully we wont' get ice or snow!!

I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving...we have much to be thankful for. And a special shout out to my SS and to the one I sent to. You both know who you are...oh yea..maybe you don't! In time you will.