Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Black Friday at JoAnn's What did you get ? >

Black Friday at JoAnn's What did you get ?

Black Friday at JoAnn's What did you get ?

Old 11-29-2013, 08:10 PM

I went in today to get some flannel and had to wait an hour and a half to get it cut. Hope it was worth it. Good bargains out there but you have to be very patient. I want to go back tomorrow and get some fleece, hope I'm not there all day waiting.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:13 PM

The staff said she expected it to be busier tomorrow because of the fleece. I rarely use fleece so I don't think I will be going back.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:47 PM

The only thing I got was a headache looking at the line to checkout.....all the way from the front back to the cutting counter. I was going to get a new fiskars rotary cutter and some blades, but the line was unbelievable.....I left with nothing. I did however, hit the LQS. All clearance fabric was $3 per yard and tons half off.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:45 PM

I went and made the mistake of not getting a cutting ticket before picking out my material. I was pretty much done picking material by 6:30 AM but didn't leave the store until after 10 due to waiting for the fabric to be cut. The people working the cutting counters were going as fast as they could, there were just a lot of people, some with pretty big baskets waiting to be cut. People were at least polite in the store and there were a few chairs so it could have been far worse. I ended up getting enough material to do the top of the queen size quilt I want to make along with the batting for it. I think it was worth it but next year I might just shop online.
Rodney
Old 11-30-2013, 12:25 AM

I bought a couple of bolts of the flannel online with free shipping. Glad I decided to do that this year because when I did decide to get out today, my car had a DEAD battery! After getting a new battery, I shopped several places...no crowds.
Even got an excellent parking spot at Walmart and no wait to check out. Stores opening on Thanksgiving day had people doing the black Friday craziness then.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:49 AM

I wanted the Oliso iron on sale for 60$. I have one now and love it, but wanted to get another as a back up. They were sold out by the time I got there around 10:30. Oh well, it was a want, not a need. I didn't even look at anything else, but they seemed to have the lines under control.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:59 AM

I went to get the Oliso iron,but skipped the fabric as the line was too long.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I went and made the mistake of not getting a cutting ticket before picking out my material. I was pretty much done picking material by 6:30 AM but didn't leave the store until after 10 due to waiting for the fabric to be cut. The people working the cutting counters were going as fast as they could, there were just a lot of people, some with pretty big baskets waiting to be cut. People were at least polite in the store and there were a few chairs so it could have been far worse. I ended up getting enough material to do the top of the queen size quilt I want to make along with the batting for it. I think it was worth it but next year I might just shop online.
Rodney
I was there kind of late (around 8 pm) but there were still people in line. Most only had a few items for cutting but there was one lady who I would guess had 25 or 30 bolts of the flannel. I think she got every shade of a color they had, no prints, mostly solids. I felt sorry for the cutter but no one was nasty that I saw. Even the staff mentioned that people were mostly nice this year. They had five cutters there, and it seemed like everything went smooth. I was out in around a half hour. Payment line was very very short.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:55 AM

Our store was pleasantly busy around 5 PM. The cutting line disappeared while we were in there. I only bought buttons to use on the 10 minute (HA!) table runner. Hope to make several of them for gifts. Don't need more fabric or anything, so avoided all that. 2014 is going to be my year for finishing projects and using fabrics already purchased.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:57 AM

I too skipped the waiting lines this year because of back condition. Saves my DH a lot of $$ LOL