Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Black Friday at JoAnn's What did you get ? >

Black Friday at JoAnn's What did you get ?

Black Friday at JoAnn's What did you get ?

Old 12-01-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by w7sue View Post
I went today after getting a 60% off any regular priced item on my cell phone -- left empty handed -- almost everything was on sale and there wasn't anything in particular to spend my coupon on -- bummer!
This happens to me almost every time they have a 60% off coupon. It makes me mad...
Old 12-02-2013, 04:42 PM

I went at 11am, it was packed bought some maerial and netting, there were 4 women cutting, took about a half hour before my # came up, was worth the wait, everyone was happy, chatty and enjoying the great buys. The staff was wonderful.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:28 PM

I went about 8:00 am and had long weight for the cutting then the lone line to pay but I was happy. Went back Sat. little later to get the cotton fabric, but there really wasn't a very big selection
Old 12-03-2013, 05:04 AM

I went in midmorning on Black Friday and the checkout line was length of store clear back to the home décor fabric. I left and went to Michaels for some yarn, no waiting and bearable crowd. Hubby took me back to Joann's in the evening on SAturday, I bought the Accuquilt Go 1 1/2" strip die and 12 yds. of muslin. Still waited in line but reasonable time...lol
Old 12-03-2013, 11:14 AM

I didn't go there on Black Friday, but I did go on Saturday to use my morning-only coupon (it was 25% off entire purchase, I believe). I bought a few things... all the workers were very nice and patient and chatty, too... and then on a complete whim, I picked up the Oliso Iron, which was on sale for 50% off (and then with the extra 25%, I figured - why not?). I have been through about 5 irons in the past six months trying to find one that actually works correctly and doesn't spit all over the place. Well, I LOVE this iron! It's the least expensive model of Oliso (the blue one) and it is quite amazing. I'm still getting used to not picking the iron up and setting it on its heel, but I'm getting the hang of it!
Old 12-03-2013, 02:13 PM

Went on Sat. instead of Friday. Got some rotary blades, pins and patterns. This year I was good!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:20 PM

I worked but while at work I picked up the project boxes that were buy one get two free- so I paid 19 bucks for three of those boxes usually 19 each.... that was Saturday, cut lots of flannel on Friday but lots of people bought full bolts....didn't buy any fabric, I bought the tim holts line a few weeks ago when it was on sale....our store was quiet until about 11 and everyone was in a good mood...
Old 12-03-2013, 04:06 PM

I don't care for our local JoAnn's retail center, but I did order a bolt of W&N from the website, less than 1/2 price plus free shipping. It's the only way I buy my batting these days.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:19 PM

. Are all JoAnn's messy and dirty? Or was it just this one store? I buy from them online (batting, ottlites, storage containers) and really like their online service. So, I'm hoping the messy, dirty store was just that store and not all of them.[/QUOTE]
No, they are pretty crowded with merchandise, but the ones in my area are pretty well maintained. And the workers are pretty much all pleasant and knowledgeable. I live about 30 miles from three JoAnn's in various directions. I did not spend a penny on Thanksgiving or Black Friday, but did go to my LQS and a couple local small stores on Small Business Saturday. Tomorrow we have to have an oil change on our car which happens to be across the street from a shopping center with JoAnn's and Michael's, so I plan to stop in both, coupons in hand.