Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 12-05-2013, 07:40 AM

WOW CINDY!!!!!!! That is so totally awesome!!! Now you can buy fabric from another country.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:09 AM

Congratulations Cindy!! What a fabulous Christmas Prize!!!

Thank you everyone for your condolences. I know it will take a while to stop looking where she always slept and to not think about checking on her. She's been my little shadow since I quit working about 18 mos ago.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:22 PM

Looks like I will be taking the cruise over the summer.....lots of time to get ready for a bathing suit. I am so excited to be able to plan this trip. Was looking already as to where I will be going, I have 2 choices of where I can go. My son just got back a month or so ago from Belize, Honduras and Cozumel on a different cruise line. So he and I will be talking about some of the excursion I might be able to take. He and his wife swam with the dolphins.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:13 PM

Gayle, so sorry about your loss. Have been in the same boat - lost our last two about 6 months apart and I miss them both still.
Cindy, WOW, what a great prize - and in this economy - what a generous company. Congratulations!
Old 12-05-2013, 04:47 PM

Gaye so sorry for your loss. It is so hard. WOW Cindy congratulations. That sounds awesome. You will be trying extra hard to win my batiks.
Today at works started the yearly 12 days of snacks. They are trying to kill me. There was chips and dip. 4 kinds of cookies and some dark chocolate turtles. I had a half of a turtle and a half of a cookie. There will be stuff like this every day until we get off for Christmas. We also have a secret Santa Breakfast too. All kinds of yummy stuff. It is so hard to resist all of the goodies.
We are supposed to get an ice storm followed by snow tonight. Hopefully we will have a snow day tomorrow. I am making a pincushion as a gift for my quilt guild. I really need 2 of them, by Tuesday. I have studied the pattern but haven't started yet.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:32 AM

I am freezing here in Texas....we were 80 degrees 2 days ago....yesterday's high was 39 when I went to work, it is currently 28, and not expected to go above freezing until Sunday.

Guess I will see what I can work on that will help me stay warm the next few days. My driveway is nothing but ice right now and last night when I stopped for gas, my battery died UGH... no fun. Dad came and jumped the car, good thing I was only 1/2 mile from the house. Got the car home, need a new battery. Will probably wait until Sunday or Monday before getting the battery.

Last edited by createfourpaws; 12-06-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:00 AM

Gayle, so sorry for your loss. I miss my furbabies too!

Our weather has been mild for a few days and now icy this morning. So glad it's Friday. The storm advisory was moved up and we could have a messy weekend. No place I have to be tomorrow so I'll be decorating for Christmas, baking some cookies and cutting out flannel pj's for my DGD's. Can't believe how fast this year has gone by.

Continuing to watch my carbs and doing ok. Good luck to the rest of you.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:04 AM

SNOW DAY!!!! WOO HOO!. It is 9:00 AM and the kitchen etc is as clean as it is going to get. Heading up to my sewing room for the day:-) I will probably come down at some point and put up the tree. We are supposed to have another ice storm on Sunday.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:04 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450164[/ATTACH]

One of the trees in our front yard today. Hope it makes it from all the weight on it from the ice....we lost about half of it several years ago.

Stay warm and enjoy your sewing time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3215 (800x600).jpg
Views:	74
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	450164  
Old 12-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Second t-shirt quilt top done, goes to the quilter on Sunday if roads are good. Now to finish cutting apart the rest of his shirts to the correct size. My friend meet me last Sunday at the quilt store and he bought all the fabric needed to finish the other 2 I am doing for him. He also saw a complete quilt on the wall and bought the kit for me to put together for him. I am having fun, will be working on the rest of the t-shirt cutting them down to size and putting them together.

Will be putting the backing together for the one going to the quilter this weekend also. Just have to sew the 2 pieces together.

Stay warm.