Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 11-30-2013, 07:31 AM

Default December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

On December 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On December 31st, weigh yourself again and PM your loss. This is weight lost not precentage lost. I will announce the winner on Janurary 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by t he 15th of the month.You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the minning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot winn 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay postitive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}

December brings in the winter weather and wouldn't it be nice to win a large pot of lovely BATIKS, to be able to play with in the new year. Please send quality fabrid that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be apart of the PRIZE adventure is December 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:04 AM

I'm in again this month for sure! I lost double what I'd hoped to lose in November, and I had planned to take off the Christmas holidays with my kids (school-aged) and go wild, but now I think I am more motivated than ever to continue what I was doing! But we'll see what happens as Christmas gets closer and closer...
Old 11-30-2013, 08:30 AM

I had only planned to be vegetarian/peskatarian for a month - but it was easier than I thought so I am going to continue it. I am adding in some more exercising too. My nephew is getting married 1/4/14 so there is added incentive.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:00 AM

I'm in again and Cindy has my FQ for this month. I had a very small loss this month, but enough to keep me motivated. I do feel better not overeating! I had a full plate for Thanksgiving, but didn't go back for seconds and had a small piece of two pies that I made. I haven't had any of the leftovers!

Here's to healthy choices for everyone today.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:59 AM

I am for December. I had a few health problems in November and my plank challenge got derailed. So for December I have invented my own plank/walking challenge. Being on the gluten free diet means most holiday party foods are off limits, so that helps with the willpower at the parties. I do have to be careful not to treat myself to make up for missing out.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:50 AM

I'm in for December. Sent in my skinny quarter already. Hopefully, I will be close to my goal by year's end. Did pretty good on Thursday. Had a good plate of food and a sliver of pie - I was cutting it, so was able to get that little bit for me. Gave me a bite without any of the 'excess'. We have had left overs, however. Made a turkey jambalya from one carcass and have another carcass in the freezer for later. Gave a good bit away to some friends, but there's leftovers left over!
Old 11-30-2013, 04:13 PM

I'm in again. Thanksgiving eating has not been good.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:45 PM

I'm in again. I feel better on Paleo and will continue with it.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:33 PM

I'm in for December. I've got to get my act together. You have my FQ for December. Here's hoping to do better this next time around.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:10 PM

I forgot to sign up for Nov so I'm getting in early for December.

Teddybear Lady, hoping won't do it. You have to tell yourself "I AM losing weight', not 'I hope I will'. Your brain and body respond to the current 'I AM', not the future denoted in 'I will'. We ARE doing this together.