Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 12-12-2013, 03:24 PM

I like that runner Pam. One of the first things I ever quilted was log cabin wall hanging. Not one of my best efforts & I haven't done one since!

How nice that your son is back home, Gayle. It will make it such a special holiday. Both our kids stayed in CA when we made our move to OH & they will both be here for Christmas. I can't wait to have us all under one roof again.

I got my FQ's in the mail yesterday. I'm thinking they may take a bit longer with holiday mail. Speaking of which, I haven't done anything about cards yet this year. Ok, I bought stamps at Costco & if I don't use them for cards it'll take me years to use them up as I pay most bills online!

I think I am down 1/2 lb!! Not too big of a threat, but I'll take it. I am down about 8 lbs from last year this time. That is pretty much due to moving across the country & all of the related stress, but I've been holding my own & not gaining at least. After lunch today I was craving something sweet & put a pack of sugar free hot chocolate into a cup of coffee. It hit the spot, plus being nice & warm. These single digit temps are killing this former CA girl.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 AM

Cold and snowy here. We are just far enough from Lake Erie that the lake effect doesn't quite reach us. Thank goodness as we have lived closer when we had the dairy farm with the in-laws. I don't miss it!! Only a half day at work today so baking and putting up the tree are on my list for the afternoon. I'll sew tomorrow after washing some flannel today.

Stay warm and cozy folks, three more months till spring.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:46 AM

Default Friday frantics

Old 12-13-2013, 06:13 PM

I cut out the quilt for my DD and SIL last night. I have all of the strip sets sewn. I am sub cutting them now. Lots of cutting. This quilt is so not my colors. I am a bright and wild color person. This is all subdued colors. It will be pretty and just what they will like. It just isn't me. I bought the fabric back in June and had some trouble figuring out what fabric was what. I have a large piece of fabric 5 or more yards, not sure what I bought it for. It is too small for a back. I guess I will figure it out eventually.
The 12 days of snacks at work have been bad. There was fudge today. So good.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Wow we have been a quiet group over the weekend. I have been spending time with my son and DIL, they came up from Houston for a visit, and they both have been sick with possible flu. UGH but great to see them. Today we went to the Dallas Aquarium, and had a great time. Also mom made very cheesey lasagna.

My new man was also with us. That is going good.

Got the t-shirt quilt from the quilter yesterday. Now to put the binding on and try to get it to him next weekend if he is in town.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:20 PM

I just spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to make a label to mail a package. I still don't have it right and it is making me crazy. Time to get to bed and try it again in the morning. This package HAS to get in the mail tomorrow to have any chance to get to Korea before Christmas.
This weekend I painted my bedroom - wall and ceiling - 2 coats on each. I'm so thankful my daughter was here to help me. I hope it looks good in the daylight. It looks fine in the nighttime.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:50 AM

Yes everyone has been quiet this weekend. I have been working on the quilt for my DD and SIL. I have one block finished, only 11 more to go. Cindy glad to hear you had a good weekend despite the flu.
I went to my work Christmas party Saturday Night. It was fun. The house seemed cold when I got home but I didn't think anything of it. It was really cold and damp outside and it was 1:00AM. Well on Sunday morning we woke to an even colder house. The furnace is not working. My neighbor owns a heating and AC business so he came over. The part we needed is cheap but he didn't have one. So no heat today either. It is 55 degrees in my house. We do have a gas fireplace so the living room is warmish. I threw a couple of extra quilts on the bed last night. He is coming sometime today to fix it. I will have to get him some beer for fixing it. We trade services like this with several neighbors.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:26 AM

Just had my nephew all weekend, and we went and visited brother and SIL in the hospital until Little Miss is here. SIL is scheduled for a c-section today at 2pm, so I get to be an Auntie again
Old 12-16-2013, 07:54 AM

I have been shopping and eating. No chance of the batiks for me. Yes, Cindy, I know mine is still here. I will get it out soon. Now the wrapping begins. My dishwasher gave up so I need to rush a new one in here this week. Sears has one in clearance that will do and my old neighbor says he should be able to install it so it will work out.

My son's schedule just changed so I may have company starting the 20th instead of after Christmas. Not a problem except the house isn't ready. I have no living furniture among other things. I hope and pray that he is able to have good connections if he has to fly on Christmas Eve. He's spent at least one holiday stranded in an airport. Can't be much fun.

Have a good week, everyone.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:47 AM

Was so busy this weekend and fighting the cold thing. I actually napped a couple times on Saturday inbetween quilting a GMFG. It is so gorgeous. Did leafy feathers and line danced every flower and it looks so cool on the back, the gal had a solid white backing.
On Sunday sewed up a Christmas quilt top, my nieces quilt top, quilted a SBS quilt for a customer, and made a class sample quilt top. I want to add a pieced border to it so it is not done. Bad me, I know.
I need to get three sets of towels embroidered, fix a coat, and quilt the above this week to be mailed out. Hmmm, let me see if there is enough of me to go around with a cold.
I did loose another three pounds last week, I am in the running for those batiks for sure. Working hard. Our Christmas vacation should prove worthy with lots of walking, swimming, just have to watch the proper eating and I will get them.