Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 12-11-2013, 04:19 PM

I completely understand! I have lost a pound this month so far. Better than nothing, but not as good as last month. I don't think I'm in the running for the batiks

Originally Posted by QuiltedCello View Post
Sigh, it was baklava day here at work. Diet, what diet?
Old 12-11-2013, 04:30 PM

Don't count yourself out yet, there was one month that the winner was less than 5 lbs. You never know what the rest of the month holds.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:39 AM

For my knees - I know I need to lose weight.

But - baklava day. Ok, it's this really, really amazing, homemade type. It's a work deal. We all get these samplers. Sigh. But, I wasn't too naughty. My cornermate and I split one sampler, and she took the other home for her teenaged son who can eat anything still.

But, I am not giving up my once a year treat that I really don't need. I figure there are worse things I could indulge on. I then passed on afternoon snack time - was double chocolate chip, chocolate frosted cookies. Which sounds too rich, even for my chocolate addict side.

I love my job, I have great coworkers and management is fantastic and hugely supportive. But, man, they love to feed us!
Old 12-12-2013, 05:12 AM

Oh never deny yourself something you want, just don't overdue. Ususally a small piece does the trick, instead of overeating.

QuiltedCello....sounds like you did great with your treat.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:10 AM

Yeah, splitting the sampler - it's like 1 1/2 bites per item. It worked quite well.

But, batiks are going to be going out late. Brother just called, I'm picking up nephew after school and keeping him for a few days, SIL is going into hospital to have the baby, but will probably try to hold out until Monday if possible. Baby likely has a hip disorder, and the doctor they'd like to have on hand is at another hospital until Monday. Baby will be fine being born before then, but waiting certainly doesn't hurt anyone right now. SIL is fine, just VERY tired since Little Miss likes to kick Momma's ribs all night long. Bad hips, what are those?
Old 12-12-2013, 08:26 AM

So another day resisting the stash of chocolate that is sitting in front of me. I have stocked the fridge with romaine lettuce, red cabbage, radishes, celery and smoked turkey in case I can't resist the other. This way good food in and delicious, scrumptuous, soothing chocolate can be handed out to anyone else who can afford a couple of extra pounds. I want those batiks. Been doing some exercise as well. Haven't noticed any inches melting away, but the pounds are creeping down on the scale which is good for the mental attitude. DH is still struggling with his pain. He has been thru so many tests and on Monday they do the endoscopy, where they go down the throat. I am hoping they find out what is going on. A CT scan found a mass in his small intestine, but when they did a test to see what it was and take a biopsy, it was not there. Yep good, but yet what is causing the pain. They have even tested for celiac disease. Pray for an answer or the pain to be healed. I will take the later, and accept the first. Have a wonderful day ladies. I have four certified payrolls to do and learn how to do government deductions on payroll. Oh boy, what fun it is today. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed in all this also. I have three more class samples to finish by tomorrow, a lap quilt for niece for Christmas, along with a tree skirt and quilt to get done for DIL, then towels to embroidery, and prepare for my own Christmas with two customer quilts that need finished with a longarm that is being finicky. I know deep breath and one day at a time.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:17 AM

Yeah, I am feeling a little overwhelmed with everything I need to get done, too. Today I need to finish shopping for my son's gifts so I can get them mailed off to Korea or he won't have them in time. I have a few other gifts to buy plus a light fixture for my new closet and a ceiling fan for the bedroom. This weekend I have to paint the bedroom. You wouldn't believe how much stuff is in there that will all have to be moved out. That's my biggest worry - where to put all that stuff!
Here's a table runner I gave at a party this week.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 11:35 AM

Pretty runner. I'm not good at log cabins, so I always think they're great when someone else does them. I'm dyslesic and always end up messing them up (log cabins). Just returned from two back-to-back luncheons. I ate at the first one and had some fruit and chocolate ( just a little) at the second with a cup of punch and then coffee. Don't know that I over did, but had more at one meal than normal. Will cut waaay back at dinner tonight. Youngest son send Christmas package - Omaha Steak package. Got some steaks, some burgers, potatoes and chicken. We'll eat great for the next few days/weeks. I'm not much on beef, so hubby will really eat great!!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:58 PM

Pretty runner Pam!

My son came home yesterday!!! Well, not quite to the house yet, but returned from 8 mos at sea yesterday to San Diego. We went down to greet him then took him up to where his grand parents live. We hung out for the day, went out for lunch and dinner. We then drove home and he had to go back to San Diego, He had to check in and collect his personal items. He should be home late this evening for a couple of weeks of leave.
I am so relieved to have him back in the states!!!

I know it was a bitter sweet homecoming for his squadron because of the loss of 2 of their pilots.
I have the quilt tops done for the 4 children of the 2 that were lost. The backing fabric just arrived on Tuesday. I hope to have the quilts done for the memorial service on the 17th of January.

I'm sure that this month will end up a gain as well. With Christmas, and my son coming home and all the cooking I will be doing for him......

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 03:03 PM

Hi everyone. Haven't been on here much. Took husband for colonoscopy Tuesday morning. They removed 2 polyps and he's fine. We slept all afternoon after that.
I weighed about 5 that afternoon and I'm down 2.8lbs. from the 5 lbs. I had gained over Thanksgiving. I hate having to "backtrack" but at least it's coming off. Hope everyone is staying warm. The ice is beginning to melt here but still really cold.