Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 12-18-2013, 08:38 AM

It's been a LONG week already, is it over yet?

Little Miss is here, it's "just" hip dysplasia, so she's doing fantastic. Mom and her are coming home today, nephew is staying with me at least tonight still. Just easier for everyone. He's a VERY proud big brother, but he wants to make sure her Christmas stocking is finished, so we're doing that tonight. Plus, I'm a lot closer to his school, so for this week, it's easier on everyone if he just stays over until winter break. No trying to get Little Miss bundled up to go out in the cold, getting everyone going in one direction at 7:30 am with a new baby who will probably disagree with that idea, and nephew and I just head over to visit everyone after school, then come home.

Yesterday just was rotten. Had to fire someone for coming in drunk. He's a problem, but he also has kids. But sigh, he made his choices. I still feel horrible for it however. If he hadn't been on restriction already, I'd have just sent him home without pay for the day, but I didn't have that option any longer.

As such, give me the chocolate and I don't care right now. Bad me.

Yeouch about the seldge hammer vs foot!
Old 12-18-2013, 03:24 PM

Cute, cute pincushion and OUCH for the foot - how were the xrays? Glad some of us are watching what we eat - I seem to be working with the others who aren't - and I'm retired, so I can't blame the office! i so wanted those batiks. I've been watching, just not enough to lose - holding on to this latest number waaaay too long. I do have a few more days, perhaps...
Old 12-18-2013, 04:10 PM

Had a very happy birthday party for my GGD. She was 8 yesterday. Gave her the Hidden Wells quilt that I made for her. Understand, Pam H, I am retired too and no excuses. Having trouble sticking to my diet that has made me feel so much better and lost 12 lbs since July. Now nothing! Yikes. I think that I will stop thinking about it and jump on board again in January. Stress is not helpful.
Picture of my GGD and her quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452340[/ATTACH]

Good luck to all that are really dieting for those beautiful batiks.
Attached Thumbnails edie-her-quilt.jpg  
Old 12-18-2013, 04:11 PM

It's good to know I'm not alone struggling with all the extra food right now - not that I want anyone else to be struggling! I had a salad for lunch, but no way it's going to 'make up' for all the sweets I've had. A co-worker brought a tray of cookies for us to share today and I made three types of goodies to send with DH and son to their work. Of course, I had to test them all!

I went to the gym on Monday but didn't make it to yoga tonight. Traffic was horrible and I turned around and came home. There was no way I was going to make it on time. My back is bothering me, so I'll get some good stretching in before I head to bed tonight.

Pam H, how did the pillowcase turn out? Meanmom, so glad you have heat again! Littlebitoheaven, she looks REALLY happy with her quilt.

Last edited by CindyA; 12-18-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:12 PM

Xrays are back --> My husband has two broken toes. =O That is what happens when a 12 lb sledge hammer falls on your toes! But there isn't anything they can do for it. 8( He's going to attempt to go to work tomorrow. We'll see if his foot will work in his boot.

My eating hasn't been bad this month, but I'm not dropping any pounds. *sigh* I had to quit my pilates/yoga classes. But I'm attempting to keep up with them here at home. It's a sad attempt, but at least I'm getting some exercise in.

Tomorrow is a new day. =D
Old 12-19-2013, 03:36 AM

Good Morning Ladies....
Gayle glad your son is home and you are having a good time even with everyone getting sick.
musicjan...sorry your dh has broken toes....hopefully he will follow directions from the doc, I know there isn't much they can do for broken toes.
Pam I know you will be happy when the renovations are done.
Pat.. love your pin cushion.
Maggiemay .... I am envious I want to go see TSO again. I have seen them twice in two different venues.
QuiltedCello....so happy to hear Little Miss made it with no major other problems. You are a great aunt for keeping your nephew. It is sad when someone doesn't make the right choices, he made his choices when he decided to come to work drunk.

Keep making healthy choices and don't beat yourself up if you are losing what you want. Tomorrow is a new day, new beginning.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:29 AM

Gosh seems like I've been MIA this month, and have missed a lot! I don't think those batiks are coming to my house. My eating hasn't been too bad, but the exercise is not happening. I just can't seem to motivate myself. I would really like to lose a few pounds before I have to get back on the scale at the doctor's office on the 31st.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:26 AM

Nope, I'm a bad aunt I get to corrupt the little guy, hehehehe..... Naw, he's a good kid and I love him. Besides, he's 8, so he's not a crazy amount of work (in my mind that is) and Momma and baby need to settle in a bit, and he's happier with me. He still gets to see Mommy and Daddy, but he also gets ALL my attention and doesn't have to share. Which is what helps him not be so stinking jealous of a new sibling when he's been an only kid for 8 years, I think. Life changes, but he's still very important to everyone.

Plus, when you make a cathedral window quilt using 18" as the starting square, it goes together crazy fast. I question his choices in colors, but it's not to be for me, so I just indulge. Also found some damaged minky in lime green and orange. It's now big pinwheels for the back of his quilt. Yes, not needed, but he likes it. It's going to be brown, tans, greens, yellows and oranges. He couldn't find any good enough patterns, so I'm going to sew the blocks down and make the stitching into dinosaurs. He's a dino fan. I may sneak a pink dino or so in, teehee.

Hrm, I'm steady. Which isn't that bad, considering it's holidays.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:29 PM

I won't be winning anything any time soon. Too many Christmas goodies around and I have almost no self control right now. My best friend tripped going into her house the other night carrying groceries. She fell and shattered her shoulder. Knocked the ball joint right off. She had surgery yesterday and they put in a steel rod in her arm and new shoulder. Hubby is home for his Christmas vacation right now and Jan. 1st, he will be retired. I still don't have all my Christmas shopping done. Only have 1/2 my quilt done for my cousin's daughter. She may get it for her birthday in January instead of for Christmas. "Desserts" is stressed spelled backwards isn't it??? That's my story and I'm sticking to it! haha I'm going to try and post a picture of me and "my Santa". Merry Christmas and Happy New year.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452442[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails deb-jery-christmas-tree-church-12-14-13.jpg  
Old 12-20-2013, 06:35 AM

Received Dec and Jan FQ's from MaggieMay.

I am looking forward to the new year. It will be my year to be a new me. I have gotten very lazy once again when it comes to my eating. I have let my diabetes get out of control again.....just by not eating right. the blood sugars are running a bit high again and I know why.

I was making healthy meals to take to work each day, I stopped doing that about 2 months ago. I am not happy with myself for doing that. If I don't take care of me, no one else will.

I am also looking at finding an exercise plan that I can commit to. Like a friend told me, it I have fun doing something I will keep doing it.

So what decisions are you making for your new year to be a new you.