Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cheater quilts for the bottom of the bed >

Cheater quilts for the bottom of the bed

Cheater quilts for the bottom of the bed

Old 12-21-2013, 07:10 AM

I think they are a great way to add color and texture to a room without the massive investment in yards and yards of fabric for a full size bed quilt. And since they don't take a lot of fabric you can change them frequently if you choose. Also, you're not stuck with the same bedspread for years and years because of your investment in time and expense of it. I like the idea of it having multiple uses as suggested by others. I especially love them on top of a white bedspread...the colors become more vibrant and it does give you a place to temporarily lay things (purse, packages, etc.). And as others have said just lay it aside at bedtime.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:14 AM

Default Bed runners

I use a bed runner over my pillows .....the quilt I made wasn't quite long enough to cover everything, so the bed runner made with a matching portion of the quilt covers the pillows and works great....it makes "making the bed" so much easier also.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by RaeM View Post
I use a bed runner over my pillows .....the quilt I made wasn't quite long enough to cover everything, so the bed runner made with a matching portion of the quilt covers the pillows and works great....it makes "making the bed" so much easier also.

Great idea and save!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Cheater quilts as in the preprinted fabric?? ..........
....... or are you meaning those bed runner thingss that make absolutely no sense to me??
(other than to be a nuisance!!)

Now ... I'll probably get flamed by those that totally love them, but honestly, I just don;t "get" them!
NO one is going to flame you at least NOT ME !! You are just really lucky not to have cold feet. I haven't made one but the thought has been on my mind. I wear wool socks thru the warm winter in So CA and me feet are STILL COLD !!
Old 12-21-2013, 07:49 AM

I like bed runners because when we are in a hotel, my dh likes the room cold. This way I can cover up without getting under the covers.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by RaeM View Post
I did the same, love it covering my pillows...
Old 12-21-2013, 01:35 PM

Amen.
I have an 89 year old neighbor and her feet get cold. She loves hers.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:19 PM

I don't have any (yet) but always thought of them as a quick way to change the "mood" of the bedroom - spring, fall, holidays - especially when paired with shams or valences - using them over a neutral bed cover. :-)

Marysewfun
Old 12-22-2013, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
I think they are a great way to add color and texture to a room without the massive investment in yards and yards of fabric for a full size bed quilt. And since they don't take a lot of fabric you can change them frequently if you choose. Also, you're not stuck with the same bedspread for years and years because of your investment in time and expense of it. I like the idea of it having multiple uses as suggested by others. I especially love them on top of a white bedspread...the colors become more vibrant and it does give you a place to temporarily lay things (purse, packages, etc.). And as others have said just lay it aside at bedtime.
Here's a pic of mine. Use a white thermal blanket in the summer. Will be making more seasonal bedrunners. I change flower arrangements, wallhangings, etc with every season.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452810[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	02-Bed Set.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	452810  

Last edited by Dollyo; 12-22-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dollyo View Post
Here's a pic of mine. Use a white thermal blanket in the summer. Will be making more seasonal bedrunners. I change flower arrangements, wallhangings, etc with every season.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452810[/ATTACH]
What I want to know is how did you train your cat to stay off the white blanket! Ha Ha
MaryKatherine