Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 12-21-2013, 11:09 AM

Here is one of 5 of the t-shirts quilts for my friend who has given me over 60 racing t-shirts. I have 18 shirts stablized ready to be cut down and put together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452691[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452692[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3388 (800x600).jpg
Views:	92
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	452691   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3391 (800x600).jpg
Views:	103
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	452692  
Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM

Looks great Cindy. What kind of machine do you quilt on?
Old 12-21-2013, 03:38 PM

My cousin just told me a good one. Weight loss should be like virginity. Once you loose it you can't get it back!
THe quilt is looking good Cindy. My Christmas shopping is finished! Woo Hoo! Everything is wrapped except the sewing projects that aren't finished yet. The house is a disaster area. I am finished with work until January 6. Lots to do around here. I still haven't made any cookies etc. My DH bought some peanuts today, I guess that means he wants me to make peanut brittle. It is very time consuming. I was planning to make some fudge too.My DH has also been requesting oatmeal cookies. I have a recipe out of an Amish cookbook that he really likes.
There is no chance of me winning the batiks this month. I have been so bad. I could probably not eat anything but water for the rest of the month and still not win. I am afraid of the scale.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:56 PM

We just finished celebrating with my side of the family. I am going to be NO competition for the batiks. I was so bad!! I ate so much that I feel awful. Hopefully, this will give me incentive to do better tomorrow.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay View Post
Looks great Cindy. What kind of machine do you quilt on?
I don't do the quilting, I pay a friend of mine who has a Gammil, the quilting pattern is called "Ink Blot" Looks very nice.

Thanks for the compliments on the quilt.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:25 AM

I now have to do some baking and the element went out in the oven last night after I made my spritz cookies. They don't look very nice because my cookie spritzer is not working or the batter was not right, I don't know. Have not made them for a couple of years since my favorite cookie spritzer maker broke.
I have two batches of sour cream cookies in fridge with the cream cheese cresents made up and chilling, now to do divinity, toffee nut bars, thumbprints, and whatever else the DH thinks we need on our cookie plates we hand out to neighbors every year for Christmas. I must say, it feels good this year to be able to do the baking. Been a couple years since I could actually stand and work long enough to do it. The kids have done it the last couple of years. Praise the Lord for the back surgery in April, I am actually able to keep up again.
That is ok CindyA I certainly don't mind you not getting the batiks, I can handle it for you. LOL
Nice T-shirt quilt. Keep up the great work. You are mastering that type of quilt girl.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:04 PM

Yes it does look like I am mastering the t-shirt quilt. With as many as I am working on, they are very time consuming.

I don't know ladies....I am down on the lbs as well....so those batiks may not have to go anywhere. lol

I will be working on some almond spritz cookies later today or tomorrow. I have an electric cookie press the first husband bought me way back in the 80's. and it still works. My son loves them too so I went online and found them the same cookie press. he has his wife make them for him.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:30 PM

Well, I just got back from my early Christmas - a trip to visit my sister. She lost her husband last summer and hasn't really celebrated much of anything since. She is moving into one of her 'other' houses (she's one of those 'land barons' that owns more than 2 houres - I think she owns 4 or 5, I'm not sure) Anyway, she needs a nouse without stairs, so is moving into this other house. We went to see her and celebrate an early Christmas so she can move right after the holidays. Had a great time, but did eat out more than usual and had dessert twice while there. I'll know more tomorrow morning when I weigh. I'm hoping it isn't too bad. Sounds like, even with a weight loss here, I would not have enough for those batiks. But, I'll console myself that a loss is a loss!!
I read all the older posts and tried to catch up with what everone has been doing. Thanks to all of you who has posted tips for coping with the holiday stresses (and yess, desserts backwards is stressed!). I've been so bad with posting the Terrific Tuesday tips, I'll really have to get back with it... GO back and reread that posting about handling yourself at a holiday gathering - eat a bit before you go and Don't stand near the snack table while you're visiting - cause you will nibble. We're going to a friends on Christmas Day for steaks. I'm not much on beef, so I will take some chicken with me and throw it on his grill with the steaks - may even keep me to my diet better! Tomorrow I really need to go to the sewing room and start cleaning. I have this thing about having a clean house for the coming new year - I need to get busy. Have a very blessed Christmas everyone and enjoy your time off all of you who are off from work.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:42 AM

Extra workouts for me at the pool side this week while on vacation so I am sure to get those batiks since createfourpaws is on a roll as well. LOL
Old 12-23-2013, 11:00 AM

Only one more week to see who is lucky enough to win this batch of batiks. I am working my way down to them.

Enjoy your holiday.