Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 12-23-2013, 12:54 PM

I was just at the doctor for a regular checkup. I was surprised that my weight is the same. That is good news. Sounds like quite a few are doing well this month. My goal was to not gain any weight. SO far I have kept to that. I am having my mom and uncle for Christmas dinner. I want to grill some steaks. I can't find any good one. I will send DH out tomorrow to get some. I like mine pretty rare so I want them thick. I was just at Meijer and the butcher cut some for me. I asked for 2 1/2 to 3 inches and even showed me with my fingers how thick I wanted. He cut them just over an inch so I didn't take them.
Everyone try to watch what they eat. Merry Christmas.
Pat
Old 12-23-2013, 02:36 PM

I hate it when you don't get what you want from the butcher.

We will be having crab legs and lobster tail for New Years Eve. And for Christmas dinner dad wants spagetti. It will just be the 3 of us. My new man will be with his kids, and then leaving to take them to his parents for a week.

I have been losing and choosing wisely.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:44 PM

We just got home from Christmas with the inlaws. Haven't even taken my coat off yet - the heat was turned down to 58. I will not be weighing myself in the morning. After driving 800 miles I will have retained 3-5 lbs of water weight. I'll have to get some lemons tomorrow to get that weight off.
We have a Christmas dinner at church tomorrow evening (turkey) so I will be making ham for our dinner on wednesday.
Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!
Old 12-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Power Poster

I have not been here this month, but my dad came down with pneumonia. He ended up being taken by ambulance to the hospital then another, and now he can't walk on his legs, so he has to spend Christmas in a nursing home for physical therapy. We will all be seeing him on Christmas Day to take Christmas to him.

We spent the evening having Christmas with my son and daughter in law, because her family will all be down later today (Tuesday), and they are leaving on Christmas Day for a get away to Florida.

After seeing dad on Christmas Day, me and hubby will come home to relax together for his birthday. He is a Christmas baby.

No weight loss for me this month with all the stress we had going on with dad.

Merry Christmas everyone. You are a great group, and I am having fun watching the suspense of who wins the batiks. lol....

Everyone also have a Happy and Safe New Year.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:01 AM

Merry Christmas & a safe & Happy Holiday to all. I think I'm ready! I have a few small things left to wrap & that's about it. Our daughter arrived here on Fri & has been a big help. I'm sitting here by the light of the Christmas tree waiting for my husband & son to get home from the airport. So glad we could all be together for Christmas this year. It was a tough move for all of us this past year especially with the kids staying in LA. This is the 1st time in 30 years we've been in OH for Christmas with our families & we've been enjoying all of the celebrations. Probably didn't fare so well in the weight loss this month though.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:04 AM

Oh, and it looks like we got some lake effect snow last night so we'll be having a white Christmas! I know that'll make those California kids of mine happy!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:34 AM

Good Morning ladies. Merry Christmas to all. May your holiday be happy and full of good memories and make lots of new memories.

I still have a few gifts to wrap and put under the tree. Had a large part of my Christmas last weekend when my son and DIL. Tomorrow will be just me and the parents. My guy will be with his kids and then heading out of town to see his parents.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:22 AM

Merry Christmas to everyone!

I finally had the nerve to step on the scales this morning and -shock- I haven't gained any. I'm thrilled. I have my last big celebration tonight with in-laws. It shouldn't be too tempting, I won't be overeating tonight. I had a really good session in the gym yesterday and renewed commitment to health and fitness.

Safe traveling to all those going away for the holidays.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:03 AM

Merry Christmas to everyone. I know I will be busy the rest of today and tomorrow. I need to make cinnamon rolls and my appetizer for tonight. I am waiting for the paint to dry on a craft. Otherwise I figure if I don't have it I don't need it.
I ran to Meijer this morning and got some delicious looking steaks. I went to a different Meijer than yesterday. They are in 2 different pricing districts so their add vary a little bit. The steaks were $2/pound cheaper at this one. I also got some 96% lean ground beef marked down. $3.29/pound. I bought all they had.
Have a safe and happy holiday everyone. I need to get to work.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:44 AM

Merry Christmas everyone. Cold here today - 22 degrees, but clear. We're going out later - I've been asked to present a Quilt of valor today (Christmas Day) to a vet. You bet, I'll do it. Then it's dinner at some friends and back home. I'll spend part of today in my sewing room. Got the house cleaned real good yesterday and started on my sewing room, will finish in there (the clearning) today and tomorrow probably and get it back in order for 2014. Man, can't believe it's almost a new year. How much did I accomplish in 2013 - made many quilts for donation through our guild, made placemats for a wedding present, finished the piecing on an applique quilt, but am working on the hand quilting, did two or three surface embroidery pieces. I know I did some bigger things, but can't remember. What did you do??